Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

Been supporting since 1968. Seen the lot from ecstasy to despair. This could be my last season ticket. Not because of Warne or Clowes or our current style of play but because of our toxic and frankly moronic minority of supporters who try to hound managers and players out of the club. ( I mean constantly hiring and firing managers has worked so well for us over the last 10 years)..if social media existed in 1995 Jim Smith would have been getting crucified. We were about 6 from bottom at this stage of his promotion season. 

It's a real shame but it is looking like Derby isnt a fit for Warne. It is one of those times where we see that success at one club isnt guaranteed success at another, even if they try similar things. I can't give a logical reason why but some clubs do fit some people, Steve Mac for example has always seemed to fit Derby (not advocating a return of the mac part 5? By the way) and some clubs don't. 

What to do about it? I cant begin to suggest, paying off a four year contract isnt in keeping with the financial prudence we need to hold onto; but being a mid table L1 club with our overheads isnt very financially prudent either. My gut is telling me that Warne gets most of this season, if we aren't close come Easter then Clowes may pull the trigger and the new guys gets a few weeks to bed in before close season.

We dont go up this season, and close season will hurt.

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Been supporting since 1968. Seen the lot from ecstasy to despair. This could be my last season ticket. Not because of Warne or Clowes or our current style of play but because of our toxic and frankly moronic minority of supporters who try to hound managers and players out of the club. ( I mean constantly hiring and firing managers has worked so well for us over the last 10 years)..if social media existed in 1995 Jim Smith would have been getting crucified. We were about 6 from bottom at this stage of his promotion season. 

A year into Jim Smith's managerial career with us, he'd taken us up to the premier league. If social media were around when he was in charge, he'd be much more famous than he is now. He'd have a statue built.

It's a bit different to Warne's first year, but I see your point.

Edited by oodledoodle

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

And you’ve just added your opinion. 

you’ll notice I won’t burst into tears because that’s literally the role of a forum… 

Why did you feel it necessary to give a petty reply back even after the OP had said that they admitted that they do have a tendency to churn out negative stuff about Warne on a regular basis?

Don't understand your mentality.

Am sure you moan about bickering on here yet you've just proved you contribe to that yourself by replying with an unnecessary snidey comment. 

I hate seeing managers sacked. I just think stability is needed sometimes. I've always wanted Warne to do well and get us out of this league.

I'm really not too fussed about the style of football in this league. For me it's about getting out of it by any means necessary. Under Billy Davies the football was, in the main, dire. There were so many games where we'd win by a goal and you'd come out thinking "How on earth have we won that" but we won. Which is fundamentally all that really matters. 

When you aren't winning games, the football gets called into question. Whilst it's out first defeat in 10. The form is poor and has been for the last 7-8 months. This squad should be beating teams like Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham comfortably.

What worries me is Warne coming out yesterday saying there wasn't much in it? Yes I know their keeper made a few saves, the one from Nelson being a good one. But Wildsmith also made a fair few. Not to mention the one where their player cut in and pulled it wide when it looked easier to score and the one where there striker cut in and all he needed to do was pass it into the corner and for some reason he cut in again. But really there should be a lot in it. That squad we had yesterday is a bloody good squad at this level and they should be cutting teams open like that. Listening to Warne yesterday it honestly felt like he'd not watched the same game as I did. Because that was absolutely woeful. To a man they were pathetic.

We've won 11 games the last 30. 4 wins in the last 14 home games. 

In the Championship that wouldn't really be good enough. In this league with this squad. That is borderline unforgivable.

Saw a tweet earlier which said this "Really wanted it to work for warne but think we are getting to a Clough ,Stevie Mac situation where someone comes in tweaks it a little and off we go"

I can't help but agree with it. I think Warne is out of his depth here. This club is a big club with an expectation that we win every game in this league (obviously I know we won't) but the football we are putting on is not giving me any excitement, not making me think he can turn it around.

I'd see how he does up until the next international break in mid November and if we haven't won at least 3 out the next 4 games then I'd make a change.

57 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Thats where we were at this stage of his FIRST season you mean. I don't think toxic supporters should make much difference to you anyway, just enjoy supporting the team

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

( I mean constantly hiring and firing managers has worked so well for us over the last 10 years)

...except it isn't simply the fact that we got through so many mangers (whether they were fired or poached) that was the problem, it was the vastly contrasting styles of manager and the amount of money we chucked their way to sign the players they wanted, but who couldn't then be utilised by the replacement, so we ended up with a massive squad of high earning players of varying styles costing us huge amounts of money to sit there unusued becase nobody would buy them off us.

To avoid that happening again, the answer is sticking with Warne come what may? Is It?

Luckily at this stage we (quite rightfully) haven't 'chucked money' at backing Warne, we've kept it sensible.  We'll need a rebuild next summer whatever happens because we have a lot of players out of contract. Warne's signings so far don't appear to be players who another style of manager wouldn't be able to play better football with and we're not that far down the path that making a change would represent the same level of risk and see the same consequences as the changes Morris made.

The longer continue with Warne though, the longer we lock ourselves into a future of watching football in the style of the crap we've been served up for the majority of this season. He's actually signed some good players but seems to be coaching all of the 'football' out of them - the longer we're down here the less access we have to this sort of player, the quality will get worse, good, technically gifted players will avoid coming here if they see the talents of others being wasted .

If it doesn't get us where we want in 3, 4 years  (by which point the squad will have had a full makeover to one which represents the ultimate Warne team) then to avoid creating the same mess as Mel Morris did we'd need to employ another manager in Warne's image... sounds fun, doesn't it?

Edited by Kokosnuss

I agree, I’ve stopped going away for exactly this reason, too many people far too drunk or off their heads on drugs shouting stupid stuff. The adult who was effing and blinding at hourihane in that video really needs to have a long look at himself.

Those same fans who were singing “Paul Warne your football is s***” At the end of yesterday’s game will no doubt be giving it the League one guardiola the minute we’re ahead next time. 

I watched on rams tv but caught up with the RD today and was pleased to hear it was only a minority of people behaving like this. 

Why don’t you just stay off DCFC related social media (or avoid threads like this one that, by definition, are going to be mostly advocating getting rid of the manager)?

I wouldn't let keyboard warriors drive me away.

Edited by Tamworthram

The idea of managerial stability is based on when managers did everything - the scouting, youth team, transfers, overall style of play…

it’s more a of ‘head coach’ role now, with a director of football keeping a consistent overall philosophy.

warne is a PE teacher who is out of his depth. He’s also been given too much power by an inexperienced chairman who let him change the whole style of team without any money to do so - Rosenoir had a passing team and that had been the style of the managers before him. 

If we wanted to change everything then Clowes should have paid for it, or got a coach in who could work with what we had 

2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Times have changed unfortunately and this really shows no sign of changing. 

Many have given him more time than most and this run goes back to February. Honestly, how much longer do we give him? There’s no direction to this football club but you seem happy to sit it out hoping it gets better. 

In all of that time supporting the Rams, you can’t have seen much worse over such a prolonged period of time. 

I’d suggest not looking at socials or forums and go back to pre Internet days. You can then turn up to games without knowing what others are saying. 

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Because our owner (as is absolutely his right) wanted this guy with a seemingly golden track record in our division? 

To say there aren’t progressive managers out there for this level just because we’ve got Warne seems a reductive way of viewing it? 

Warnes had success in this division playing the same way a couple of times.  Any manager with a brain will have sounded out this system and worked out how to counteract it after playing his side over 2 or 3 games.  If he hasn't the capability to adapt to their changes himself.  Checkmate

The fact that I can’t be bothered to go to my 6 or so home games a season must be for a reason. My son works a lot of weekends now, but when I treat him to a day out at the footie, with travel and drinks, you are talking about £150 for the day. For that, I at least expect to see some decent, entertaining football. That’s my main gripe with Warney. The football is pretty dire, I am not sure what he is trying to do or what the plan is. I really do think attendances will start dropping and maybe that’s when the owner will act.

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

In real life you don't have boring sods picking at you every 5 minutes and trying to create arguments.

Facebook has no relevance here. This forum is its own community and when referring to what people are saying, it's generally assumed you're referencing fellow forum posters, not some.randoner who isn't part of the community.

Nobody here has said he should sell up afaik, only that he might consider it if we end up stuck in this league much longer and it becomes something he can't justify the expenditure on.

You probably would have people picking at you if you kept on saying the same thing to them every 5 minutes....

Well there's no reason for you to assume anything, my original post said 'fans' are starting to turn against Clowes so its quite clear that I'm referring to Derby fans, otherwise I would have said the forum is turning against Clowes.

Ive seen various people say he should sell up.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I agree, I’ve stopped going away for exactly this reason, too many people far too drunk or off their heads on drugs shouting stupid stuff. The adult who was effing and blinding at hourihane in that video really needs to have a long look at himself.

Those same fans who were singing “Paul Warne your football is s***” At the end of yesterday’s game will no doubt be giving it the League one guardiola the minute we’re ahead next time. 

I watched on rams tv but caught up with the RD today and was pleased to hear it was only a minority of people behaving like this. 

The forum probably skews perceptions because folks who are bothered enough to say something will say it here. But I'm not sure many people chanting that at Paul Warne will be comparing him to Guardiola in the next game!

The last season I had a season ticket was 98-99 and that was in the North Stand. Even then there were plenty of people shouting stupid things. I think that's just football for you (?!)

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You probably would have people picking at you if you kept on saying the same thing to them every 5 minutes....

Well there's no reason for you to assume anything, my original post said 'fans' are starting to turn against Clowes so its quite clear that I'm referring to Derby fans, otherwise I would have said the forum is turning against Clowes.

Ive seen various people say he should sell up.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Most people anti-Warne would have their say and leave it at that, if not for the constantly having shade thrown their way and needing to defend their position from people who can't hear a bad word said about him without getting upset.

The repeating it every 5 minutes bit is caused by the 'pickers' the trolls and the WUMs, as the (relatively) quiet and argument free week leading up to yesterday's game showed.

A normal conversation simply can't be had on here anymore unfortunately. Any sign of wanting Warne out and you're treated like a t***.

Edited by Kokosnuss