Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Fair play to Conor for at least fronting up. Seems nobody else was interested. Horrible performance and quite why we always return from a break looking comatosed, I can't fathom.

As for Warne, I've favoured keeping him until Xmas at least, then reviewing his position at mid-point, but you can understand the fans' anger when he talks nonsense like we've not played badly today and his apparent stubbornness is beginning to grind my gears. This was a really bad day at the office and perhaps Clowes' hand will be forced sooner than thought if fans begin to vote with their feet. I think this could get real ugly, real quickly, with Warne acting like there's nothing wrong. 

1 minute ago, TheTinMan said:

The gamble was on the fitness of some of those Championship players. Sorry but they aren't dropping to league 1 because they want to be part of this 'project' whatever that is, its because they are regressing and riddled with fitness concerns and nobody from the Championship fancies them. 

Yep we’ve got the potatoes from the bargain aisle back home and peeled them only to find they’re rotten.

11 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

He does but I still find it hard to criticise him in games like this when he's given zero support from the midfield and just hopeful crosses. I always think back to the Oxford game this season where he spent a good 70/80 minutes trying to win blind hoofballs against that 6'5 giant at the back. It feels to me that the way we're setup to bypass the midfield just gives him a nearly impossible task every game.

I don't disagree with you. Should be set up differently but we never are.

Just makes the opposition defenders look great as they head out all the high crosses. Pointless. Just like Derby.

But we keep doing it. Are we not learning? 

Just now, Rammy03 said:

I don't understand the Hourihane criticism. I think he is trying his best. I don't doubt his commitment at all. 

He was a step up from Fornah first half certainly. However, I'd have kept Fornah on and shifted Smith off to be honest for energy.  The own goal was a shove and shouldn't have counted.  

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes 

until we get a better cf it doesnt matter who is in charge. fact

is this a joke?

While i agree CF is probably our weakest area, the team as a whole is easily capable of top 2. Thats on the manager, not the CF. What exactly are our strikers supposed to do when we're sitting back all the time and only creating 1 or 2 chances for them per game?

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agreed. I can understand some of it to a point, and don’t want to get into the blame game as to why, just sad that the unity of a couple of years ago feels like such a distant memory.

Absolutely agree. I travelled home and away during that -21 point season and I've never been prouder to be a Rams fan. Feels like a thousand years ago. 

Just now, nottingram said:

A show pony (albeit past his best) being asked to play like a donkey. Wouldn’t blame him if he was sick of it

I agree. I don't blame him at all. The way we play isn't set up to make use of any of his strengths at all. Same for a lot of the squad. Trying to force square pegs into round holes.

To be fair it is only a small section of the away supporters shouting the abuse and the rest of us usually just wait for them to clear off and clap the players off. 

Trouble is, it's growing game by game.

As I wasn't there today, will wait to hear from a few who were.

But no matter how disappointed we are with the performance or result, the away fans are usually more supportive than not.

It's when the apathetic ones turn aggressive that we have a problem and I think we are on the cusp of that.