Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Aye. I've asked before but what does he do?

What are his attributes?

How do they got in with anything Warne says he wants us to do?

Why was he so keen to bring him in? To prioritise a portion of our budget on a player he doesn't even seem to know how to use?

We / he can't complain about not being able to afford a better striker when we've wasted resources on this turkey

He was quick.

Several years ago.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Which is quite sad when they earn less than £6m as a club, whislt our budget is almost double that.

Why not compare managers other than budgets, they get the the players in to do a job seems Matt Taylor with his players had more of a clue of how to play than PW did

6 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

We missed chances, the ref had a shocker, but we got utterly outplayed and over-run first half. Second half they had the better chances and dealt with whatever we had to offer despite the territorial advantage.

Not remotely good enough. 

Two weeks to up the standards as per the stated requirement from the manager, and we get that let down. 

I don't see where we go from here.

This is what Max Bird said after the Notts County game

"We said in the dressing room after the Notts County game that we're good but we need to be unstoppable," he said. "We know how good we are as a group and the manager knows that too. We need to demand more of ourselves. It can't just come from the staff. It needs to come from within. We need to demand more in training and when we're on the pitch. We will have a break but come back fresh ready to go again."

So what went wrong Max?

1 minute ago, Yoxoram said:

That is not a good look at any level. I don't doubt that the players are trying their best but it's certainly not working at the moment.

i think Hourihane got the abuse that would have been  aimed at warne had he been in front of the fans,hope Hourihane can put it behind him for the rest of the season

16 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Aye. I've asked before but what does he do?

What are his attributes?

How do they got in with anything Warne says he wants us to do?

Why was he so keen to bring him in? To prioritise a portion of our budget on a player he doesn't even seem to know how to use?

We / he can't complain about not being able to afford a better striker when we've wasted resources on this turkey

He works hard. That interview on RD Warne saying (paraphrase) that what was wrong with the first half was we weren't physical enough. Says it all.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Warne will do well to survive this… 

The November international break could be a key time to make a decision.

We have Exeter at home which we simply have to win.

Then Stevenage (A) and Barnsley (H), two teams currently in the top six.

Warne can still turn it around as 7 points from the next 3 will probably have us around the top 8 with a game in hand.

22 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think you can chalk all of our issues up to one position and absolve the manager of all blame. If Warne knows that is a weakness then he needs to adapt the way we play to mitigate it. Is he doing that?

It's not like we are playing well in all other departments and we are only missing one piece of the jigsaw.

I never said warne doesnt carry the can for this .. obviously its on his head 

i would just love to see someone else prove me wrong and get more out of a player past his prime like collins .. whos prime was really only ever league one in the main.. for a reason

thought the back line played well considering how lacking and hit and miss we were with the ball higher up

thought the front 3 of sibley, barks in particular and collins were absolute crap and look every bit a mid table league 1 front 3 

50 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

That's really disturbing when you put it into context with the reaction at the end of the previous game against Notts County when the fans were chanting Warnes name.

People are entitled to their opinion specially if they are shelling out their hard earned to follow their team. 

I just get the feeling that the calibre of this team is just pants regardless of the manager.

Read some more comments about Collins again who obviously is low on confidence but who else would you have in instead of him 

3 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

"We said in the dressing room after the Notts County game that we're good but we need to be unstoppable," he said. "We know how good we are as a group and the manager knows that too. We need to demand more of ourselves. It can't just come from the staff. It needs to come from within. We need to demand more in training and when we're on the pitch. We will have a break but come back fresh ready to go again."

So what went wrong Max?

Good against a 4th Tier team . Max was gassed out after 60 mins of that game . I don’t think Hull will be interested in January. It’s not all Warne .

57 minutes ago, Cook1988 said:

Who's looking forward  to Tuesday night 😄 

New manger hopefully 🙏 

Pathetic 

My son and daughter can’t make it in Tuesday, and I am starting to look for an excuse. But Paul has just given me one by saying we did ok. 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Play out from the back? Starting with Wildsmith? 😄

Two comments:

1. Wildsmkth was out man of the match from the very first minute.

2. Warne is used to deceiving fans that we played well at away games. He even admitted he could get away with it when managing Rotherham because fewer people were actually watching them play away.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Warne has had two transfer windows so you can't totally absolve him of any blame for the state of the squad. You also can't absolve him of the blame for our performances because one position is weak. Warne's job is to take the players he has got and extract the best performances out of them. If that means changing tactics to cover any deficiencies then that's what he should be doing.

Is he doing that, or is he trying to force ways of playing on the squad that have now repeatedly been shown to not suit them?

Summer was his first not under an embargo 

we are still under a business plan model .. the details of which non of us know 

hes been poor .. im not defending him 

his side looks sunday league at times

but .. he aint getting sacked, we cant afford it and weve done the sacking merry go round 

so were all going to have to put our big boy pants on, pick our toys up and deal with it and just support our club 

we got ourselves into this mess and now were taking our medicine 

Edited by NottsRam77

16 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

So what went wrong Max?

He was frustrated with his team mates all game. Asking them to up the tempo of the passing.