Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

With all the Rams fans going, the Meadow might finally get to see a croud 😉

I am of the opinion that NML won't start the game. He had looked tired of late. Their game on Wednesday is a 3 o'clock kick off in Panama. That's 22:00 UK time. Game finishes around midnight. 

Had a quick look on Skyscanner and it looks like there are no direct flights. Flying early morning Thursday would see him in London some time between 21:00 Thursday and 04:00 Thursday. Then back up to Derby. Jetlag will put him out of a starting place IMO.

14 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I am of the opinion that NML won't start the game. He had looked tired of late. Their game on Wednesday is a 3 o'clock kick off in Panama. That's 22:00 UK time. Game finishes around midnight. 

Had a quick look on Skyscanner and it looks like there are no direct flights. Flying early morning Thursday would see him in London some time between 21:00 Thursday and 04:00 Thursday. Then back up to Derby. Jetlag will put him out of a starting place IMO.

Good point. I expect Warne will start with Barkhuizen and Sibley on the wings. Mendez-Laing probably won't even be in the squad, with Ward taking the spare spot on the bench. Something like this:

Wildsmith
Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Forsyth
Fornah   Smith
Barkhuizen   Bird   Sibley
Collins

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Wilson, Ward, Hourihane, Washington, Waghorn

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good point. I expect Warne will start with Barkhuizen and Sibley on the wings. Mendez-Laing probably won't even be in the squad, with Ward taking the spare spot on the bench. Something like this:

Wildsmith
Fornah   Smith
Barkhuizen   Bird   Sibley
Collins

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Wilson, Ward, Hourihane, Washington, Waghorn

I would swap Collins with Waghorn, then I agree on the other 10.

16 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Warne will compromise and bring him off after 75 minutes instead of 80.

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

This was a fixture that defined the ineffective away form we showed early last season under Liam.

Time to show how we've progressed.

Camp in our half. Some punts down the channels. Crosses galore and maybe, just maybe, collos gets on the end of one.....

Watch out Paul! Van’s after your job!

Wildsmith

Fornah

Sibley     Bird

Waghorn    Collins     Barkhuizen

Subs: Vickers, Bradley, Wilson, Smith, Hourihane, Washington, Mendez-Laing

If Ward is fit he could take Waggy's place right with Collins and Waghorn vying for the starting role. Or Ward might get a place on the bench instead of Wilson or Mendez-Laing if NML needs resting after his international endeavours.

If Sibbo doesn't start, and in a position that actually suits him, there is no justice. Gotta keep the shirt.

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You need to be more positive! Sibley will start, but he'll start in a position that doesn't allow him to showcase his skill set, get hooked after 70 minutes and we wont see him again until the next pizza cup game.

It’s not a cup it’s a trophy, and it’s not sponsored by a pizza company 😂.Fuck You Know It All GIF by Mashed