We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

Thank you for the gracious comments.  I'm a bit *ahem* tired and emotional - it's been a relatively long wait for us to get back in to the second tier.  I'm rooting for you to get over the line and other results this evening appear to have been in your favour.  Good luck and raising a glass to B4.

Edited by downsouth

We can continue the thread next year after we are promoted as we might be in in relegation fight with them.

Even if we are not, we will need to out perform them and bottom half of the table teams next season in the Championship.

5 hours ago, downsouth said:

Thank you for the gracious comments.  I'm a bit *ahem* tired and emotional - it's been a relatively long wait for us to get back in to the second tier.  I'm rooting for you to get over the line and other results this evening appear to have been in your favour.  Good luck and raising a glass to B4.

I'm guessing if we were headed into the play offs there would be less gracious comments 😀

You did us a massive favour last week and potentially took the stuffing out of Bolton who ultimately knew they were on the back foot yesterday already.

Hopefully our paths cross again very soon!!

8 hours ago, downsouth said:

Gratz Pompey, that's a well-deserved promotion and title. Ultimately you've been the most consistent (and effective) side and that's what gets you promoted when the season is all done and dusted. Some thoughtful and classy responses on here too, even when everything was still very much in the balance for you.

So, it's down to us to do our bit now. Hopefully we can get over the line and get that 2nd place. Nervous ? Hell yeah... 🥴💩

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

I like this 'thing' we have going on with Portsmouth fans - very good-natured and respectful.

Or is it just a mutual dislike of Bolton?

Congratulations to Pompey and hopefully we can now get the job done. I don't think there's a lot of dislike for Bolton, it's just that the battle for 2nd place has been more competitive and holds a lot more jeopardy. Apart from a very brief spell we've never really got that close to overhauling Portsmouth after they opened up a big early season lead whereas the tussle with Bolton has been much closer. If (and its still a big if yet) we go up I hope Bolton win the playoffs, 3 clubs with a proud tradition and a loyal fan base that have been through it at the hands of the efl and poor ownership