We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

You can see that their recent form might be stemming from harsh criticism from fans even though they were winning up until the new year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67863544 This interview last week seems like Colby Bishop their main target has lost some confidence and he goes and misses a penalty today. 

This is a lesson for our fans to not be too negative of our players. We might drop the odd irritating stinker i.e. Bradford and we might not sign anyone this month but were in the mix and they need all the support they can get!

Edited by eddielewis

2 hours ago, eddielewis said:

You can see that their recent form might be stemming from harsh criticism from fans even though they were winning up until the new year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67863544 This interview last week seems like Colby Bishop their main target has lost some confidence and he goes and misses a penalty today. 

This is a lesson for our fans to not be too negative of our players. We might drop the odd irritating stinker i.e. Bradford and we might not sign anyone this month but were in the mix and they need all the support they can get!

This.

I will be very disappointed if we start groaning on Monday evening at the first misplaced pass. This is such a big opportunity for us and a positive crowd can make a big difference. 

4 hours ago, caymanram said:

Hopefully they both don’t need just a point to be the auto two….. cue boring 0-0 ….

Yep would be sickening, worse than Barnsley taking it easy against posh last season. Although that doesn’t excuse the ref sending curt off.

On 03/10/2023 at 22:49, B4ev6is said:

If derby can sort this home form out and keeping winning away this could our year to win it this season and also get to wrembley final in popper johns troupy but the lads were breath taking  tonight fast moving football at it best hit and move football. We are only one point outside play offs and 7 points off top bring it on.

lets just say once off the bus going Manchester in was really really effort kepted having to stop we the rest took off but my dad kepted waiting for me

flaming neve dammage and in same broken toe I got arthritis to boot sigh

but derby winning cherried me up no end.

I agree 100% mate. 🐏

Sky just put a graphic up for our next 6 games. 4 are away, which doesn't actually worry me anymore, but Lincoln are the only side currently in the top half of those fixtures.

It's a massive opportunity with 6 individual games that on paper you'd say we have to win if we want to get automatic promotion. I'm not expecting 18 points, but it really is a massive opportunity coming up.

In that same timeframe, you have Oxford v Pompey, Oxford v Barnsley, Bolton v Barnsley and Stevenage v Barnsley. There's definitely a chance to try and open up a little bit of a gap to some teams.

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Sky just put a graphic up for our next 6 games. 4 are away, which doesn't actually worry me anymore, but Lincoln are the only side currently in the top half of those fixtures.

It's a massive opportunity with 6 individual games that on paper you'd say we have to win if we want to get automatic promotion. I'm not expecting 18 points, but it really is a massive opportunity coming up.

In that same timeframe, you have Oxford v Pompey, Oxford v Barnsley, Bolton v Barnsley and Stevenage v Barnsley. There's definitely a chance to try and open up a little bit of a gap to some teams.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Can we believe that back in October B4 came out with this blog. Portsmouth played more than half the match today against 10 men and could'nt win. With Peterboro (a), Barnsley (h), Derby (h), Bolton (a) and Lincoln (a) in 5 of their last 9 games to play, do you think that 5 point gap will vanish.

My proven (unreliable 😀) predictor has changed after Barnsley collapsed yesterday (and dropped point last Tuesday) and we won when I was only expecting a draw. It’s gone from 1) Barnsley, 2) Portsmouth, 3) Derby to 1)Derby, 2)Portsmouth and 3) Barnsley.

This tells me three things.

We can catch Pompey.

It’s probably going to be very tight.

I know nothing.

They’ve had a boost from new January signings but they won’t be fully team players yet, if they have a few bumps will their players start pointing fingers at each other and not back each other? Let’s hope, although Mousinho has always come across very well even as a player when he was at Burton, seems like a good manager to work for, so I’m probably clutching. Blackpool away is a tough fixture whether they had 10 men or not (ask Forest, only the likes of Super Rams can dismantle them on their own patch) and given the position they’re in their fans will probably consider it a good point.

All we can do is put the pressure on and keep going. The thing I loved about Warne’s interview yesterday is how close and tight the dressing room are, he’s built an amazing culture by the sounds of it, this is vital right now and the last two performances show they’re starting to get the bit between their teeth at the right time. Let’s see how we are after this week. It won’t be anywhere near done but we could take a big step.

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

My proven (unreliable 😀) predictor has changed after Barnsley collapsed yesterday (and dropped point last Tuesday) and we won when I was only expecting a draw. It’s gone from 1) Barnsley, 2) Portsmouth, 3) Derby to 1)Derby, 2)Portsmouth and 3) Barnsley.

This tells me three things.

We can catch Pompey.

It’s probably going to be very tight.

I know nothing.

In a similar sort of fashion, my top 6 is now 1. Portsmouth (98pts), 2. Derby (94pts), 3. Barnsley (87pts), 4. Peterborough (87pts), 5. Bolton (85pts), 6. Blackpool (74pts)

Another 2 results on and it could all change again! Haha

Pompey had another penalty tonight against lowly placed Burton. They managed to win 2-1, they have a few injuries and their next 4 matches are not easy, starting with Peterboro away, Barnsley home, Wycombe away then Derby at home. Peterboro have only lost 3 times at home, Barnsley have only lost once on the road, Wycombe have lost 6 at home, it's going to be the test for them. If they get through them 4 games their next 4 are Shrewsbury home, Bolton away, wigan home and Lincoln away.

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Pompey had another penalty tonight against lowly placed Burton. They managed to win 2-1, they have a few injuries and their next 4 matches are not easy, starting with Peterboro away, Barnsley home, Wycombe away then Derby at home. Peterboro have only lost 3 times at home, Barnsley have only lost once on the road, Wycombe have lost 6 at home, it's going to be the test for them. If they get through them 4 games their next 4 are Shrewsbury home, Bolton away, wigan home and Lincoln away.

Agree they’ve got a mini tough run and they seem to have been injury riddled for most of the season. 

Think ultimately they’ve got too much of a head start on everyone else not to go up now. 

Whether we/another can pip them to the title is another question. But ultimately I think all contenders would happily take second place.