We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

On 22/12/2023 at 20:12, plymouthram said:

Talking of late comebacks, Portsmouth have done it this season a few times. In their 1st match back in August they drew 1-1 at home to Bristol Rovers with Yengi scoring in the 93rd minute. Bishop scored a 95th minute equaliser at Pride Park. Against Wycombe at home they won 2-1 with Shaughnessy scoring in the 98th minute. Then another home against Carlisle winning 1-0 Shaughnessy scores in the 93rd.

Half of their 14 wins have been by the odd goal, lady luck seems to have been on their side so far this season. I don't want forum members reminding me that they were the better team at Pride Park that day, yes they was but Derby were poor back in September. Lets hope their luck and odd goal win dry up and (Derby) "We are coming for you Pompey" does happen.

Oh I think it's not confined to September.....

We did tend not to get the results early season but the performances didn't seem that different to some of our more recent efforts.

B4 , we are after them son , we are after them ,

hope referring to B4 in the present is not upsetting ( if it is I will not do it again) but to my mind his energy is still with us and all around this forum , derby county and us derby fans lucky enough to have been touched by him 

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

I still believe. We've still got a game in hand on them

What do you guys think

I think it’s all to play for, we’ve got depth in the squad and players to come back from injury. A couple of shrewd additions could be the difference. 
Interestingly since we played them Peterborough have lost a couple of players recalled by their parent clubs, including their captain, January is going to be key for us and our rivals

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

I still believe. We've still got a game in hand on them

What do you guys think

We definitely have the ability to catch them. Whether we actually will or not is a different question. I want to see how we bounce back on Saturday first.

Saturday was disappointing but if we’re winning at our current rate for the rest of the season (80%) then we will be promoted.

I hope we can use Saturday as a positive in the sense that it shows where we do need to improve to get to our goals.

On 04/01/2024 at 12:35, Kernow said:

We definitely have the ability to catch them. Whether we actually will or not is a different question. I want to see how we bounce back on Saturday first.

Saturday was disappointing but if we’re winning at our current rate for the rest of the season (80%) then we will be promoted.

I hope we can use Saturday as a positive in the sense that it shows where we do need to improve to get to our goals.

Speak for yourself! Saturday was fine at moodhoover manor.

Monday however.......😉

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

I realised about 30 mins after that I’d got my days mixed up, thought I’d got away with it!

I blame being in a pigs in blankets daze for about 2 weeks.

You should'nt soak your pigs in blankets in Cornish cider, no wonder you got confused.

Went on the 2 Pompey forum sites, gosh they are downbeat. Lots of them stating that they won't finish in the top 2 for Automatic promotion. Also went on the Cheltenham forum and several used the word "Inmense" when talking about Curtis Davies.

POMPEY WE ARE COMING FOR YOU and so are Bolton and Peterboro and maybe even Barnsley.

25 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Went on the 2 Pompey forum sites, gosh they are downbeat. Lots of them stating that they won't finish in the top 2 for Automatic promotion. Also went on the Cheltenham forum and several used the word "Inmense" when talking about Curtis Davies.

POMPEY WE ARE COMING FOR YOU and so are Bolton and Peterboro and maybe even Barnsley.

Bookies now have Bolton as favourites to win the league at 9/4 . Rams close behind at 5/2 . January signings could tip the balance .