We are coming for you pompy

B4ev6is

12 hours ago, downsouth said:

Thank you for the gracious comments.  I'm a bit *ahem* tired and emotional - it's been a relatively long wait for us to get back in to the second tier.  I'm rooting for you to get over the line and other results this evening appear to have been in your favour.  Good luck and raising a glass to B4.

Congratulations mate well deserved, see you next season

3 hours ago, chezzyram said:

Congratulations to Pompey and hopefully we can now get the job done. I don't think there's a lot of dislike for Bolton, it's just that the battle for 2nd place has been more competitive and holds a lot more jeopardy. Apart from a very brief spell we've never really got that close to overhauling Portsmouth after they opened up a big early season lead whereas the tussle with Bolton has been much closer. If (and its still a big if yet) we go up I hope Bolton win the playoffs, 3 clubs with a proud tradition and a loyal fan base that have been through it at the hands of the efl and poor ownership

I do think there is a bit of an attitude and entitlement with some Bolton fans though. A lot of them seem to think they're the best side in the division, based purely on the attractive brand of football they play.

Even on here, we had that one Wanderlust bloke, who was extremely salty during/after the match. 

9 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I do think there is a bit of an attitude and entitlement with some Bolton fans though. A lot of them seem to think they're the best side in the division, based purely on the attractive brand of football they play.

Even on here, we had that one Wanderlust bloke, who was extremely salty during/after the match. 

I think there’s a danger of extrapolating the views of a few fans as a representation of a more general sentiment.

After all, there are a few on here we wouldn’t want to be our emissaries.

I think we have heard from fans of both Portsmouth and Bolton that their team has been inconsistent and often underwhelming.

The league has been decided by the team that survived its blip the best.

Portsmouth also did good business in the window.

Bolton have been hit with injuries like us and have been struggling towards the finish line.

I hope that if we do get second place, Bolton are the team that makes it up from the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there’s a danger of extrapolating the views of a few fans as a representation of a more general sentiment.

I think we have heard from fans of both Portsmouth and Bolton that their team has been inconsistent and often underwhelming.

Bolton have been hit with injuries like us and have been struggling towards the finish line.

I hope that if we do get second place, Bolton are the team that makes it up from the playoffs.

Fighting the Spanish Armada with water pistols, or 4 fit strikers, one who recently cost best part of a million quid as it's known elsewhere.

Glad Portsmouth have gone up, if Southampton (who admittedly are going well) don't go up that'll be a nice local derby to have on TV.  They deserve it.

As far as Bolton fans are concerned, yes I think like all clubs there are some who really should not be advocating for their club. I also think that they went on a decent run, a run that ultimately sowed the seeds of a cramped fixture list, dropped points, and hopefully their downfall; but during this run a few of their fans suffered from hubris and got over excited about their sides quality (think us pre-Feb in a Steve Mac season). Claims of "the best team in L1" have only been matched by claims that "Evatt is a numpty", let's see them join us though. Get a Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn mix to go with Pompey/Soton and Derby/Notts.

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Glad Portsmouth have gone up, if Southampton (who admittedly are going well) don't go up that'll be a nice local derby to have on TV.  They deserve it.

As far as Bolton fans are concerned, yes I think like all clubs there are some who really should not be advocating for their club. I also think that they went on a decent run, a run that ultimately sowed the seeds of a cramped fixture list, dropped points, and hopefully their downfall; but during this run a few of their fans suffered from hubris and got over excited about their sides quality (think us pre-Feb in a Steve Mac season). Claims of "the best team in L1" have only been matched by claims that "Evatt is a numpty", let's see them join us though. Get a Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn mix to go with Pompey/Soton and Derby/Notts.

Pompey v Southampton makes our derby games v Forest look like a teddy bears picnic.

Bad blood.....

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree almost everything here.

My take is that Bolton's worst emissaries on the main social networks have been particularly hard work (I've not engaged, but have seen some of the material) - though completely agree that, as in every sphere, each club has their own outliers.

On the injuries, I'd add that we've had the worst season I've known for injuries - including several key performers early on being ruled out long-term or season long; it seems to be a theme for a lot of clubs this year.

I've said before I want you to get up with us.  I'd quite like to see Lincoln make it through the play-offs, of the remainder.

16 hours ago, Oldben said:

We can continue the thread next year after we are promoted as we might be in in relegation fight with them.

Even if we are not, we will need to out perform them and bottom half of the table teams next season in the Championship.

image.gif.21d13fca3a69fd20bc40ad27d76a6a61.gif

10 hours ago, Scott129 said:

From the Cambridge forum.  Enough said.

Bolton have had 1 poor result, wouldn't even class their form as a wobble.

Yes, but their fans, certainly the online ones, are second only to Port Vale in the lunatic stakes.

Only while Sheffield Wednesday remain absent.

On 17/04/2024 at 09:23, Scott129 said:

I like this 'thing' we have going on with Portsmouth fans - very good-natured and respectful.

Or is it just a mutual dislike of Bolton?

Sometimes, groups of fans who have both been to hell and back develop a mutual respect and understanding - like we have with Blackpool.

Edited by Eddie