Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Fantastic result away from home, Can't imagine anyone less than a 7.5 today,

all excellent, sheer elegance for the goals - takes me back to the heady days of

the 14/15  season. What a way to score your first goal for Derby - wasn't it Smith's

tackle that helped win the ball back for Derby in the first place?

Quite right that  Fornah and Nyambe are great additions, and are already accomplished

players, and seem to have slotted straight in....UTR

Just now, WystonRam said:

Superb away performance tonight. Defended well countered well and thoroughly deserved win. Reminded me of the Cox era , struggling to break down teams at home but we are difficult to defend against away from home .Keep the faith everyone it is coming together.

It is beginning to look like that.  Away from home we are going to be very difficult to beat. If teams attack us we'll pick them off now we are defending well.

Need to keep improving at home but its coming. The Rams are going up.

13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Can't you just enjoy the win instead of bitching about the manager 

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to even ever had the gaul to criticise Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

Oh also, I criticised Smith on Saturday but he proved me wrong tonight. Felt like Warne had probably had a word about passing forward and allowing himself to have a bit of swagger, which is something this whole side misses. Best performance for Derby so far, don’t think you’d find many better individual midfield performances in this league.

Edited by TuffLuff

Just now, Marriot Ram99 said:

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to criticising Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

But things sometimes take time and we are only 10 games in.

Many of us haven't been jumping off cliffs, not because we love everything about Paul Warne but because we accept that things aren't always perfect from day 1, despite some others demanding that it should be.

2 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to even ever had the garlic to criticise Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

I think its important to remember that teams can improve as the season progresses. No one ever starts perfect winning every game with flair, Teams grow and prosper with wins, confidence and backing from the fans.

Looks and smells like a promotion season to me.....COYR.

6 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Just grates that people start acting like everything is fine and dandy and people are deluded to even ever had the gaul to criticise Warne after a win when there's still massive room for improvement, this is league 1 and top 6 is the minimum expectation. I'm just keeping my eyes focused on the bigger picture. It's ridiculous that people have to polarise things we have massive work to do to get to the levels we need still.

gaul?  Who is this French guy?

2 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Barker gave his usual mom to a defender in Cashin, he played well but smith and fornah ran the show for me and Collins deserved a mention for his work up top too

I moaned about Smith early on for giving the ball away cheaply but his second half performance was superb. Fornah looks a cut above this league now he's settling in.