Elliot Embleton - signed on a season-long-loan - cancelled

Barney1991

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Well at least we've found a reason to slag the lad off nice and early. No point in waiting to see him play when you can moan about his interview technique, is there?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Unfortunately it seems to be 'the Derby way', certainly for a handful of 'fans' anyway.  I hope the lad does really well for us and proves the doubters wrong.

Edited by TomG

2 hours ago, TomG said:

Unfortunately it seems to be 'the Derby way', certainly for a handful of 'fans' anyway.  I hope the lad does really well for us and proves the doubters wrong.

Who's doubting him? It's possible to say his interview was dour and simultaneously support him and rate highly his potential as a signing.

10 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Well at least we've found a reason to slag the lad off nice and early. No point in waiting to see him play when you can moan about his interview technique, is there?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not all bad though, at least he smiled when the engineered and mandatory question / propaganda exercise surrounding Warne came up, so clearly he's ripe for indoctrination.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I reckon we've got Embleton until January at most. If he's back fit and playing well they'll recall him. If he's not getting minutes then they'll recall him.

Warne might as well get scouting for a midfielder to replace him now.

Thommo, Bird and Sibley will be back by then - well, hopefully.

On 01/09/2023 at 23:14, Gabby'sThighs said:

My Sunderland mate says he's a tidy player, if a bit slow, but can score a thunderbolt. And apparently he's usually a mardy b****** at the best of times.

That makes sense. Never seen a less engaged person in the media eye for many a year. Either utterly thick or totally disinterested was my take - 70/30 I'd say. Hope he's ok on the pitch 'cos off it... dull, dim and privileged. FFS he's being paid to do a job most of us would love - don't care about his injury problems or that he's been loaned out - he's got an amazing job and the boy has no idea how lucky he is. His attitude in that interview stinks and he couldn't look less of a PW player. Smacks of 'heard this lads good, get him in cos you've ran out of options' rather than 'we need the right characters in the dressing room'.

Welcome to Derby? If the lad showed a smattering of gratitude I'd be behind him but nah, doesn't want to be here. The interview was obvs cut short, was 100% hard work and it won't work out unless he's absolute quality (which he isn't). 

I do wish we could have tempted Tony Mowbray to lead our rebuild. Would have been the perfect manager for us.

Plays good football, has a reputation for developing youth, promotes good character, has ten ti mes the tactical knowledge of Warne and has shown that he knows what it takes to lead a 'fallen giant' out of league one without massive compromises to the above.

Edited by Kokosnuss