Elliot Embleton - signed on a season-long-loan - cancelled

Barney1991

31 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

His enthusiasm is overwhelming. 

Don't understand what the dcfc media team we're thinking. 

These interviews are pre-recorded. They should be smart enough to know when an interview is  going s*** and do it again after giving him a bit of support direction to be a bit more positive.

This is the reshot "but give it big smiles and you're happy to be here, no smileyer, happier, oh FFS just please try to look like you've not just been told your gran's cat died"

"Are you excited to be at Derby...no...want to play for sunderland....."

"How's today been for you....I'd rather have heard my gran's cat died than be here"

"Are you going to put anything on the "why wall".........I've got a F-the-magpies sticker, i might stck that up"

As much as that interview made The Green Mile look like a comedy, I do feel bad for the chap.

Coming off a big long injury, played really well for his hometown club for 18 months beforehand. His manager tells him he'll be in his plans for the weekend, gets the player excited. Behind the scenes a deal at Sunderland, we've enquired about him and now for whatever reason, they think it's better for him to gain some fitness here.

I'm guessing this move came out of the blue and it's been a very long day or so for him. Escaping Sunderland into the 21st century must have been a shock as well.

Welcome to Derby 🐏🐏🐏

Edited by SSD

To be fair the Sunderland journo they had on radio Derby said he’s quite quiet and shy and hinted he doesn’t give a lot in interviews. It’s just his demeanour. That’s fair enough. What I’ve seen looks like a grafter has energy, technically good and the right age. Another solid signing 

I didn't pick up on anything actually 'negative', he just seems very reserved and quiet.

Also seemed honest. That morning maybe he figured he was playing for his local team (who are a big team) and then he gets dragged in to be told he isn't getting much of a game so he needs to up sticks and move to prove he's good enough. He then has a whirlwind of stuff to sort and then is plonked in front of a camera and is expected say 'he's over the moon, he can't wait to move to the team of his dreams'.

Could go the other way. He knows he needs to massively pull up trees, play well, score goals and he will then get recalled by them. If he's terrible and gets no game time it's not good for his long term prospects that's for sure.

16 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Someone else said this

doesnt sibley have to have a starting place to be replaced ? 🤔

I think he's a Sibley type player, maybe everything we'd hoped Sibley would turn out to be. In behind the strikers, driving through midfield, shots from range that kind of thing. It's good to read oppo fans having something good to say about a player for a change. Only problem he isn't fit and would imagine he'll go back to Sunderland in January if we do manage to get him fit and firing.