Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

2 hours ago, roboto said:

He's definitely got all the right attributes that we've been looking for.

Pace, skill, League One and Championship experience, a good pedigree at youth level and nowhere near 30 years old.

After seeing him against our u18s in the season we won the u18 league, I thought he was one of their best players alongside Saka. Surprised he's not gone on to better things, but hopefully he can sign with us and show us what he's capable of and we might have a chance of making the deal more permanent. His contract is over at the end of the season and I doubt that Arsenal will be looking to offer him a new one at 22 when you see them looking to offload Balogun now.

I'd be very happy with this signing and hopefully we can see more of the player he was at youth levels.

Did Saka play in that game? That's crazy if so.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Did Saka play in that game? That's crazy if so.

Yeah, he scored both Arsenal’s goals in a 5-2 loss. 

Best players on the pitch were him and Sibley that day. Sibs was unbelievable. The fifth goal he won the ball deep, went past 3-4 Arsenal players and slipped Whittaker in for his second. I think Sibley celebrated in the face of the keeper after. 

Watching the highlights - shows John-Jules played a key part. Set up Saka, missed a penalty and hit the crossbar with a lovely effort. 

This is my reply to a post by Ambitious on the summer thread who recommended this lad about a month ago.

Seems obviously cheesed off from continuous loans. 
Like you say ex clubs supporters and managers seem to like the lad so it is rather surprising how nobody’s been interested in signing him permanently.

Anyway, I read an article in the East Anglia Times taken from the Beautiful Game Podcast, seems to sum up his career so far.

Since I was 17/18, every season I've had a big injury.

I played one game at Sheffield Wednesday. I came on and in the first two minutes I got injured (quad).

At Ipswich I had back-to-back injuries (hamstring and quad). I missed six months of the season, so it's be tough to say the least.

The second injury came on the last day of my hamstring rehab. The next day I had been due to train with the team.

When that happened my head was gone. I didn't know what to do. Thankfully my family were there to pick me up.

It's been bad. All the time questioning myself. 'What am I doing wrong?' 'What do I need to change?'

This can't keep happening. I can't keep having month after month of not playing. 

Shame really……………wish him well.

would be an excellent signing if he stayed fit.👍