Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

17 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warne saying that hopefully we can help him with the injuries and hopefully we can convince him his long term future is at our club

Yeah very pleased to hear that in Warne's interview. Almost as if it could be a "try before you buy" sort of thing. Really hope the lad stays fit as he has a lot of talent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rambam said:

On the bench, but not used v Bristol. Obviously it’s more important Bradley gets minutes.

Slightly disingenuous. We had injured to two central midfielders, and having already brought on Fornah after the first injury, Sibley being shuffled into midfield made sense. Doing that with Bradley is easier than doing that with TJJ.

Problem was then we couldn’t stop the game again to bring him on later. 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

Slightly disingenuous. We had injured to two central midfielders, and having already brought on Fornah after the first injury, Sibley being shuffled into midfield made sense. Doing that with Bradley is easier than doing that with TJJ.

Problem was then we couldn’t stop the game again to bring him on later. 

Could have brought him on at the same time as waghorn. 

So....the $64,000 question.... do we keep him after January???

For me he offers something different to what we have...so if we think we can keep him fit...even if its for cameo roles coming off the bench as against Port Vale he could be a good option. I also think we need A.N. Other to join our front line too in January...also a wide player and a midfielder... 

Providing the deal is right I'd like us to extend the loan. He is the type of striker that offers something different to the others, it's just a shame we've not seen much because of injuries. TJJ must be at the point now where he sees his Arsenal future is less than certain and this season is a good chance to get in the shop window and get his choice of a few clubs come the summer; a decent half season scoring 10 or so goals will achieve that, a contribution of 10 or so goals could make all the difference for us as well.

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Providing the deal is right I'd like us to extend the loan. He is the type of striker that offers something different to the others, it's just a shame we've not seen much because of injuries. TJJ must be at the point now where he sees his Arsenal future is less than certain and this season is a good chance to get in the shop window and get his choice of a few clubs come the summer; a decent half season scoring 10 or so goals will achieve that, a contribution of 10 or so goals could make all the difference for us as well.

The players looked genuinely pleased for him when he scored. Let’s hope he’s enjoying his time here and might be inclined to stay.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

The players looked genuinely pleased for him when he scored. Let’s hope he’s enjoying his time here and might be inclined to stay.

Lots of silly stuff online about how he's just a sicknote and how we've bought another perma-crock, yadda, yadda. I think younger players are probably more at risk of being unsettled by that kind of SM bolarks, so it was nice to see him show his worth the moment he stepped on the pitch against Vale. His relief was palpable and the lads did indeed look chuffed for him, so my guess is he's been stressing.

A promising start for sure, but I still don't know what kind of player he really is, but I thought he took his chance with aplomb and hopefully that bodes well for the balance of the season, should he stay.