Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Paul Warne, Louis Sibley and David Clowes need sitting down to watch them highlights. David to remind him what his investment in the academy can achieve. Warne and Sibley to remind them both how devastating Sibley can be because I sometimes think Sibley hesitates at this level rather than just going for it like he did in the youth sides. 

and PW to generally show them that a few passes and attacking play is better than a boot it up into the channel.

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Paul Warne, Louis Sibley and David Clowes need sitting down to watch them highlights. David to remind him what his investment in the academy can achieve. Warne and Sibley to remind them both how devastating Sibley can be because I sometimes think Sibley hesitates at this level rather than just going for it like he did in the youth sides. 

Why not show the three of them a 10 minute video of Sibley’s best moments? I reckon there should be sufficient footage if you include his time in the U23’s especially if you include his hat trick against Millwall.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why not show the three of them a 10 minute video of Sibley’s best moments? I reckon there should be sufficient footage if you include his time in the U23’s especially if you include his hat trick against Millwall.

If Warne hasn't already seen the like of that then I'd be very surprised.

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

If Warne hasn't already seen the like of that then I'd be very surprised.

Probably so but my point is that I don't see any value in showing PW footage of another player doing what we all know Sibley can do himself (a different style perhaps but still an impact).

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Reloads highlights of Bobby Duncan 

“watch these clowsey, I think we have the answer to our problems”

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably so but my point is that I don't see any value in showing PW footage of another player doing what we all know Sibley can do himself (a different style perhaps but still an impact).

I really like Sibley, want him to do well.  But genuinely, when was the last time he consistently looked like a real goal threat (I know he was forced out of position, sidelined etc etc), I'm just not sure he actually has it in him at the men's game?

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I really like Sibley, want him to do well.  But genuinely, when was the last time he consistently looked like a real goal threat (I know he was forced out of position, sidelined etc etc), I'm just not sure he actually has it in him at the men's game?

Without turning this into a Sibley debate in the wrong thread. He barely played in an attacking position last season, and still chipped in with a couple of goals.

Sibley under Rooney was scapegoated badly. When we needed a threat, he still wasn't picked. Remember him coming on to win the game against Peterborough after Lawrence got sent off? Yeah, then he started the next game but was subbed off at half time for no apparent reason. He was forced into a position of having to score or assist to even get on the pitch, and frankly it was ridiculous. 

Play the kid.

Just now, Chester40 said:

I thought he looked at his most effective at LB.

If we return to wing backs, he’d also be suited to the LWB role.

Starting deeper gives him time to assess the options in front of him. I think when he receives the ball under pressure in more advanced roles he struggles against burly opponents in a manner he didn’t at junior level.

I’d play him there because he would get the type of opportunities currently falling to Fozzy and Elder.

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Or watch him in training and when he plays. It feels like a Sibley cult on here at times. He hasn't fulfilled that early potential, but it's tiring watching everyone except the player himself being held responsible. 

He does a couple of things well but hasn't improved certain parts of his game.  The last (publicly known) bid for him was £450k in Jan 2022 from Millwall. If it was all the club's and manager's fault there would have been bigger bids.

I hope he can push on but he needs to learn how to run with his head up.

29 minutes ago, sage said:

Or watch him in training and when he plays. It feels like a Sibley cult on here at times. He hasn't fulfilled that early potential, but it's tiring watching everyone except the player himself being held responsible. 

He does a couple of things well but hasn't improved certain parts of his game.  The last (publicly known) bid for him was £450k in Jan 2022 from Millwall. If it was all the club's and manager's fault there would have been bigger bids.

I hope he can push on but he needs to learn how to run with his head up.

If he gets minutes on the pitch maybe he will…