Tyreece John-Jules - joined on a 6-month loan, extended to end of season

McMuffin

Just now, Ambitious said:

Yeah, he scored both Arsenal’s goals in a 5-2 loss. 

Best players on the pitch were him and Sibley that day. Sibs was unbelievable. The fifth goal he won the ball deep, went past 3-4 Arsenal players and slipped Whittaker in for his second. I think Sibley celebrated in the face of the keeper after. 

Watching the highlights - shows John-Jules played a key part. Set up Saka, missed a penalty and hit the crossbar with a lovely effort. 

I watched the game but clearly the name Bukayo Saka meant nothing to me at the time. Cool to see how far he's come.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I watched the game but clearly the name Bukayo Saka meant nothing to me at the time. Cool to see how far he's come.

I remember Saka being the pin-up boy of that Arsenal team, although I hadn’t seen much of him up to that point. He was the one generating the buzz. I think he even played wing-back for the youth team sometimes, probably for his development. 

I don’t like to think too much about it as it absolutely ruins me when I think back to how good he actually was for us at academy level. I thought there was absolutely no way that he doesn’t make it - he had everything. As a deep(er) lying central midfielder he would win the ball, carry it up the pitch and get involved in everything. 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Did Saka play in that game? That's crazy if so.

Yes, and he scored 2. Others to play:

McGuinness - CB ar Cardiff who was on loan to Sheff Weds for thr first half of last season

Clarke - CB signed by Ipswich in January

Swanson - RB signed by Portsmouth last summer

Daley-Campbell - RB signed by Cardiff last summer but didn't play

Smith - CM who signed for Wigan in the summer

Amaechi - RW playing in the German 2nd division

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I remember Saka being the pin-up boy of that Arsenal team, although I hadn’t seen much of him up to that point. He was the one generating the buzz. I think he even played wing-back for the youth team sometimes, probably for his development. 

I don’t like to think too much about it as it absolutely ruins me when I think back to how good he actually was for us at academy level. I thought there was absolutely no way that he doesn’t make it - he had everything. As a deep(er) lying central midfielder he would win the ball, carry it up the pitch and get involved in everything. 

Yep, watching those highlights back was almost painful.

Two good feet, very skillful, great composure. 

Injury prone and only until January.

If he stays fit it looks the best we can likely do. But I think it's a very, very big if.

Also, when a loan like this comes along, you wonder what the contractual position is with the parent club. If he does well, is there any chance we can have him stay?

Love a triple barrelled name and TJJ is a winner

John-Jules and Waghorn up top sounds decent enough, TJJ is an actual footballer

They’ll have their part to play but Washington & Collins should only be starting with one of the other two if we can help it, Washington if you’re defending a lead and Collins if you’re looking for a goal

Happy with this, if we’ve get him for the season he stays fit, he’ll be the striker we need

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

This is my reply to a post by Ambitious on the summer thread who recommended this lad about a month ago.

Seems obviously cheesed off from continuous loans. 
Like you say ex clubs supporters and managers seem to like the lad so it is rather surprising how nobody’s been interested in signing him permanently.

Anyway, I read an article in the East Anglia Times taken from the Beautiful Game Podcast, seems to sum up his career so far.

Since I was 17/18, every season I've had a big injury.

I played one game at Sheffield Wednesday. I came on and in the first two minutes I got injured (quad).

At Ipswich I had back-to-back injuries (hamstring and quad). I missed six months of the season, so it's be tough to say the least.

The second injury came on the last day of my hamstring rehab. The next day I had been due to train with the team.

When that happened my head was gone. I didn't know what to do. Thankfully my family were there to pick me up.

It's been bad. All the time questioning myself. 'What am I doing wrong?' 'What do I need to change?'

This can't keep happening. I can't keep having month after month of not playing. 

Shame really……………wish him well.

would be an excellent signing if he stayed fit.👍

Sounds like we gonna need to get a player in to cover the 30 games he won't be playing.

Hopefully not because his highlights look impressive.

Arsenal reserve with potential real quality but seemingly made of glass, hmm.

In favour as a loan, but I'd be cautious of any loan fee as we need to really careful about where our money goes, and although you cant guarantee performances or even appearances, you can play the odds a little bit.

If it works for us then yeah Cloister be praised, he could offer us what we are missing. Dwayne Dibley and Louis Sibley also has a certain ring to it...

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He broke into the arsenal team as cover at left back/ left wing back before exploding onto the scene as an attacker. 

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, he scored both Arsenal’s goals in a 5-2 loss. 

Best players on the pitch were him and Sibley that day. Sibs was unbelievable. The fifth goal he won the ball deep, went past 3-4 Arsenal players and slipped Whittaker in for his second. I think Sibley celebrated in the face of the keeper after. 

Watching the highlights - shows John-Jules played a key part. Set up Saka, missed a penalty and hit the crossbar with a lovely effort. 

Looked at where their keeper now is. 

Colchester 24th in league 2. 

Paul Warne, Louis Sibley and David Clowes need sitting down to watch them highlights. David to remind him what his investment in the academy can achieve. Warne and Sibley to remind them both how devastating Sibley can be because I sometimes think Sibley hesitates at this level rather than just going for it like he did in the youth sides.