Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

9 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'll be looking forward to seeing the L1 highlights this evening.

The win seemed unlikely after 15 mins or so, so a really good turnaround. I'm none the wiser as to what triggered the comeback.

We've had very few come from behind wins in recent seasons so it's a good habit to get into.

Quite simple really, A goal scorer that's in the right place, MW is tailor made for this division and if PW has any sense he'd have a chat with him and his agent and give him another year on his contract, Scoring goals is a great habit, Something Collins hasn't got...imo. 

18 minutes ago, HedgeEnder said:

I only moved south on joining the Royal Navy and flitted between Plymouth and Portsmouth. Now that I have finally retired the current house is up for sale and I am moving back to Derby. The 160 mile drive for home games is becoming a of a pain.

It’s 120 mile round trip from Shropshire for me too. Used to follow home and away in the 80’s, just get to a few games a season now 👍

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It's not an argument. I'm merely pointing out the behaviour some exhibit to backup the point made by another poster.

You're wrong again, I fully appreciate that one loss doesn't also reinforce supporters beliefs about Warne... but it contributes to a pattern, and when the same faults that saw us drop the points we needed to achieve a top six finish last season show up again so many months later, with lessons seemingly not learned then the issue remains relevant and ignoring it does no-one any favours, much as it seems to offend you that people dare discuss it.

Oh and I'm not taking lessons in humility from someone who habitually acts as if people expressing their opinions in a manner which doesn't fit his prescribed notion of how they should react to things are intellectually below him, thanks all the same.

banging-head-ouch.gif

Great win, didn't see it coming. We were all at sea for the first 20 but the goal really woke us up and we didn't look back from there on in. I've been critical of Smith and Hourihane but from 20 mins onwards they were good - really good. Thommo was everywhere. Waghorn doesn't need any more praise, performance spoke for itself. The controlled period after half time was nice to see too, settled things down for 20 after the break and allowed us to make subs whilst being in total control of the game. A few set piece scares but expected when leading a good Peterborough side at home. 

On Rooney - had a tough day at the office but I doubt he'll come up against many better left wingers in this division. Hopefully takes plenty away from today and uses it to improve. No need to panic at RB. 

Still loads of room for improvement but got to be happy with that. 

9 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

What a fickle lot 95% of the people on this forum are. No patience whatsoever. For goodness sake give people ( including Warne) some breathing space and time to develop. We could lose 4-0 on Tuesday and all the crap messages will be back no doubt.

We have a game midweek?

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We didn’t get lucky. Thoroughly deserved win. Yes Rooney had his hands full and got done a few times but getting past the defender is only half the job. Incidentally, I thought Rooney, like pretty much the whole team, had a good game. Thompson was MOTM for me which is saying something considering Waggy got a hat trick.

Goal line clearances,and pboro failed to score a few times.

Thats not to say wildsmith had a great game, but a couple of shots they had, they walked it in, then shot.

Its a good win, they dominated the frantic second half, until the subs came on, then we played better. 

There second goal was against the turn of play.

Its a great result. New subs were great.

1 hour ago, lagavulinram said:

I think we were lucky. Roony got done too many times.

Wags did good. 

These things happen in games when a good player faces a better one as I think happened with Rooney initially today. But from reports it looked like he learned as the game progressed. 

Ashley Cole once made Ronaldo look very average in a particular game. Ronaldo isn’t average.

Rooney has been consistently good for a young player when playing against anyone of Championship level. I think he is first of all a very useful player with some fine skills but more to the point he is a kid who is developing. He won’t get “done” very often in this league. He’s got ability full stop. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

These things happen in games when a good player faces a better one as I think happened with Rooney initially today. But from reports it looked like he learned as the game progressed. 

Ashley Cole once made Ronaldo look very average in a particular game. Ronaldo isn’t average.

Rooney has been consistently good for a young player when playing against anyone of Championship level. I think he is first of all a very useful player with some fine skills but more to the point he is a kid who is developing. He won’t get “done” very often in this league. He’s got ability full stop

I like you as a poster but that kind of sign off isn't great on a forum. He has ability on the ball but doesn't have the pace or ability to turn to play RB and played a major part in both their goals. He is a promising young player of of position and looks it. 

I have escaped grandad duties for a few minutes. I had to make do with the laughs in this forum - thanks to all who contributed! plus updates from the dcfc text commentary.

So I went from the fear that comes from the defence having less cover at the back than a hospital gown to hearing that Cashin had scored. Then finding out we were 4 - 1, not just sitting level! Wow!

And to hear that Thompson excelled again is satisfying, and actually vindicating  - like many on here I was sure that he should have been given more of a chance last season, knowing what he could contribute to the team. And he is contributing by the lorry-load already. Its just a shame that Waghorn got a hat-trick, because it sounds like he deserved his second MOM in a row!

And well done to the whole team for not collapsing when we went behind, because it could easily have happened.

So: corner turned. So onwards and upwards! What little of upwards is left!

Just got back. Great day out. Goals change games and they certainly did today. Thompson was superb. 

Can’t be bothered to read anyone else’s thoughts as the first page I arrived on seemed like it’s all petty point scoring, whereas I just enjoyed the result and day out, feel happy and can’t be bothered thinking about anything else. 

COYR 🐏

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

https://x.com/dcfcofficial/status/1695507653311767019?s=46&t=5dxC5a6lEjJION5FqMiFXQ

My links from Twitter/X won’t embed on the posts for some reason 😫

That’s a video of Waggy’s goals from the club’s account 

Screenshot_2023-08-26-20-15-46-911_com.twitter.android-edit.thumb.jpg.a36a7cfe5d4de9caaca44960b7a66661.jpg

Quick, someone Photoshop this to show him lifting the League One trophy!