James Collins

Keepyuppy

5 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Bringing the B4 positivity… 

Ive only been to two matches (recently) in the last 10+ years but Collins is the player that has stood out for me. Five goals in the two matches out of the three matches in the last week isn’t bad going. 

#BeMoreB4

Nicely said B4s Sis, if only some of the other players had his commitment maybe we’d still be in the FA Cup 🤔

13 hours ago, B4’s Sister said:

Bringing the B4 positivity… 

Ive only been to two matches (recently) in the last 10+ years but Collins is the player that has stood out for me. Five goals in the two matches out of the three matches in the last week isn’t bad going. 

#BeMoreB4

Spot on , please keep up the positivity COYR

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Don't mind me, just chowing down on some good old fashioned humble pie.

Admirable @NorwichExile. He’s got limitations for sure, but for now he’s doing his job as the Rams number 9 so it’s happy days for all involved. Hoping he carries it on, could easily get 15-20 league goals if he keeps fit.

Worth noting that NML put out is helping Collins. NML has seemed to take on Didzys role of magic match winner which leaves Collins to play to his strengths. Looking good for his goals return, just need a wide man and some competition up top to strengthen us.

37 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Don't mind me, just chowing down on some good old fashioned humble pie.

Least you've the good humour and spirit to admit it. I thought he was excellent today and is showing Jason Knight levels of energy which is some feat as one of the olds in the side. We need to be adopting the, 'he's here, he's there' he's every f****** where' chant as it's him down to a tee.

As a Collins doubter, I think the time is coming to end the James Collins slander.

He's not super prolific and I don't think his reputation thanks him for being consistently a pretty good striker for the level he is playing at, rather than blowing hot and cold like most strikers.

He doesn't tend to go on streaks that showcase what he's all about, and then disappear off the boil. He just shows up, works hard, and posts his numbers of the course of a season.

I do think he needs to make his presence known in games more however. A bit more physical, a bit more active, a bit more of a nuisance for defenders. He's good at bringing teammates into play, and pretty excellent at making room for his teammates to make runs, but he doesn't show that often enough.

That said, primary job is to score goals and he's doing that this year

For all of his knockers out there, where would we have been without him over the last few weeks?

He has been the only fully fit striker at the club and has had to play most of the game week in, week out. We've had no Washington, no Waggy and a part time JJ. Collins has basically carried our strike force over this good run. Yes, NML has contributed, but without Collins, I think that we would be adrift of the play offs.

We definitely need someone else in, to compliment Collins, unless we're prepared to take a risk on other players fitness.

Also Collins is well on his way to a 2 match suspension for 10 yellows by game 37.

I don't think Collins gets much stick now - last season yes but he's scored 11 league goals in 25 this season compared to 11 in 40+ last year.   He doesn't get many assists so as a 9 he needs to be scoring.

Also think his all round game looks better especially his pressing.  He looks fitter and less angry at the world.  

i have never been a fan of collins, and always considered him low quality,but the way he has progressed his game this season has made him one of the first names on the team sheet,and you have to be impressed with what he is doing.collins at this moment in time is possibly the fittest,hardest worker in the side,and scoring regularly. Long may it continue.we do however need some pace and power up front,but maybe to partner rather than replace at the moment