James Collins

Keepyuppy

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Top of the table?

Because without him we wouldn't be scoring, we wouldn't be as high in the table, Clowes may have been pressured into sacking Warne, a new manager comes in, a new striker is signed, he scores more than Collins, we are top.

Simple 😉

Whilst I appreciate that the above post is made in jest, 'Sack Warne' isn't an option, is it?

Last week, it was 'revealed' that we are having to juggle finances between a so-called 'loan pot' and 'perm pot' to get anyone (CBT) through the door - I would think it highly unlikely, under the circumstances, that we have a 'Sack Warne' pot.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Whilst I appreciate that the above post is made in jest, 'Sack Warne' isn't an option, is it?

Last week, it was 'revealed' that we are having to juggle finances between a so-called 'loan pot' and 'perm pot' to get anyone (CBT) through the door - I would think it highly unlikely, under the circumstances, that we have a 'Sack Warne' pot.

We are still under the EFL/Kieran Maguire/Gibson/Parry protocol that stops us competing. Sacking Warne will not be an option for us from a financial perspective,

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

We are still under the EFL/Kieran Maguire/Gibson/Parry protocol that stops us competing. Sacking Warne will not be an option for us from a financial perspective,

Yep. That's my thought too (apart from "Mmmm, another beer required")

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Great goal today but where have the offsides come from all of a sudden?

Last few games it seems he has been caught quite a few times. Unlike him. Overeager to stay further forward?

Maybe knows we’re not currently at our best as a team so is trying to force things where he can? 
Also the offsides can partly be attributed to the timing of the pass can’t it? So with the team not in the best moment is the “wavelength” off between them all. 

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Maybe knows we’re not currently at our best as a team so is trying to force things where he can? 
Also the offsides can partly be attributed to the timing of the pass can’t it? So with the team not in the best moment is the “wavelength” off between them all. 

This for me, yesterday. 

That hesitancy in playing the forward pass is what is catching him (and others) offside.

Ironic, really, when earlier passes to get the ball out wide are played too soon , that the final killer pass isn't coming naturally.

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

This for me, yesterday. 

That hesitancy in playing the forward pass is what is catching him (and others) offside.

Ironic, really, when earlier passes to get the ball out wide are played too soon , that the final killer pass isn't coming naturally.

I thought it when watching Reading the other night too and recently in this poorer run, we’re overly cautious in the final third, like the confidence we had a few games ago has gone. Pressure? Coaching (though Bird said post match Warne’s been doing 1 on 1 finishing training with him)? Just a collective dip? Whatever it is we could do with them working it out sooner rather than later.

In the close season, when McGoldrick moved on, it was hard to see where the goals would come from. Collins has been immense. For his scoring, for his defending, and for his staying fit when all around him are injured. I would love it if he makes it over 200 league goals this campaign, as he should. Probably not many of them have been better than yesterday's volley which, according to Wiki, took him to 192.

I found Collo a frustrating player last season but this year cannot fault either his goalscoring or his all round contribution. Yes he lacks quality at times but always gives absolutely everything which can't sometimes be said of others. Even after scoring the winner yesterday people still bitching about him really beggars belief 

With Collo as with all strikers it is about service, at times this season we could have Kane, Mbappe and Haaland up top and they wouldn't score. What I like about him is he scores all types of goals, I just wish at times he would stay more central and not run the channels as much. He is having a great season and fair play to him. Many wanted him replaced but he's currently the only striker left standing, literally, which is a credit to him.

8 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

With Collo as with all strikers it is about service, at times this season we could have Kane, Mbappe and Haaland up top and they wouldn't score. What I like about him is he scores all types of goals, I just wish at times he would stay more central and not run the channels as much. He is having a great season and fair play to him. Many wanted him replaced but he's currently the only striker left standing, literally, which is a credit to him.

Does he? His goals are pretty exclusively headers, first time finishes and penalties. Don't think in his wildest dreams is he going to drop a shoulder, do someone for pace over a few yards and ping one in the top bin.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Does he? His goals are pretty exclusively headers, first time finishes and penalties. Don't think in his wildest dreams is he going to drop a shoulder, do someone for pace over a few yards and ping one in the top bin.

I would hope he never does, much prefer him to pop it in the net