Conor Washington - signed on a two-year-deal

Animal is a Ram

33 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Done well for us when he's played, IMO.

Done OK but hasn't really showed anything to suggest he'd have displaced Collins, NML (or anyone else) as a starter had he been fit. Similar to how Elder hasn't really shown that he'd have got in ahead of Forsyth.

Not that it isn't good to have strength in depth / options, but committing a (potential) future fee and a whatever wages we needed to offer to get him away from a Championship club (albeit Rotherham) may not have been the best move, all told.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

6 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Did we really sign this nothing player on a 2 year deal? My god

Never understand how quickly and easily fans are to rubbish their own players. I can accept that certain players aren't rated but to call one of our own a 'nothing player' when someone has played over 350 league matches is ludicrous!

20 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Never understand how quickly and easily fans are to rubbish their own players. I can accept that certain players aren't rated but to call one of our own a 'nothing player' when someone has played over 350 league matches is ludicrous!

OK Wolfie I'll explain myself to you, and the 6 people that agree with you

Washington is 31 years old. He has had 9 clubs, and not played more that 100 league games for any of them. His most prolific period as a striker was for for St Ives town (you know the little place in Cornwall where they paint pictures) where he scored 85 goals in 102 appearances. If we just look at division 1, which is where we have signed him to play, he scored 33 goals in 94 games for Peterborough seasons 2013-2016 when he would have been between the ages of 21 to 24 ish. Now THAT Conor Washington would have been a good signing. However since then he has scored 45 goals in 228 appearances so 1 in 5

He is a bargain bucket, short term signing like far too many. He is an ageing player who has never been great, as his stats show and like Waghorn is very likely to pick up injuries like he has and Waghorn has. As an ageing player he is going downhill now, he's not somebody we can build any sort of future around.  We desperately need to be recruiting some 21 year old Conor Washington types from places like St Ives Town or maybe, heaven forbid, being even being a bit more ambitious than the likes of Peterborough - given that we probably have 3 times their support base - and going a bit higher up the food chain than that