EFL new TV deal has been announced for 2024 onwards:

Each season, Sky Sports will broadcast a minimum of:  

328 Sky Bet Championship matches 

248 Sky Bet League One matches 

248 Sky Bet League Two matches 

All 15 Play-Off matches

All 93 Carabao Cup matches

All 127 EFL Trophy matches 

This will be a big change as there will be fewer 3pm games, particularly in the championship.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-sky-sports/

Edited by alexxxxx

Find it hard to believe but have become even more disenfranchised with football after this announcement.

Didn't think that was possible until read this. 

A pittance of money for even more games and the right to meddle even further in kick off times. 

Sky have been an absolute abomination for football. 

So the season's about 10 months long and there's A THOUSAND EFL games being shown live? I'm as thick as a castle wall but i make that out at 100 games a month live, or 25 games a week, that's over 3 games every day 🤨

Sorry but that's overkill, complete football saturation. How many of our games are going to be 3pm Saturday? not all of us can finish work midweek, get to Derby, get parked up and walk to the ground. Public transport is non existent after a Night match

What about Rams TV, is this the end? will they be able to show games that are live on SKY? What's this going to do for away followings? one of the good things this season has been the quality of away support from so called smaller clubs, they arent going to bother if we're on Sky every few matches. All these numbers are based on if we don't go up, if we do then it's even worse.

Am i being hysterical or is this crap for football in general?

Edited by Steadybreeze

This is such a disappointing deal, was hoping Dazn was going to win the rights and we could avail of a streaming option at 3pm Saturday, whether in League 1 or Championship. I have no interest in watching other EFL clubs play. Really bad news for away supporters, and will cause a real headache to organise around.

Edited by JPRamFan

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? Seriously. We're not in the 1930s/50s/70s whatever, why does it need to be 3pm Sat? Oh or 7.45pm Weds.

7:30 on Weds if I remember correctly.

It makes travelling to away games more difficult due to early starts or late finishes on Saturday midweek are a pain either way if you work.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why? Seriously. We're not in the 1930s/50s/70s whatever, why does it need to be 3pm Sat? Oh or 7.45pm Weds.

It’s just a bit of routine isn’t it. Football is what you do on a Saturday afternoon!

personally am not too fussed when games played, ten or twelve games on sky though and not at 3pm is rubbish. Watching the scores come in is something have done all my life. As have a lot of people.

shouldn’t be surprised but fans big gripe with sky for years has been moving kick offs. This deal doesn’t feel good for fans. Scrapping the blackout and making all games available to watch is the future.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

138 live games for £120m per season increased to approx 1000 games for £190m. Still feels undervalued.

Considering SKY basically only has the EFL to give to its viewers for the high cost of a TV package - the premiership offerings is well divided domestically between BT and Amazon and SKY has zero European cup football to offer. Yes it’s a very poor offer to the EFL