EFL new TV deal

alexxxxx

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

This is a disgrace for lg1 and lg2 clubs. Proportionately, they are going feature more on tv and with that suffer more game kick off changes for a proportionately less increase in income. 

So lg1 and lg2 clubs will be further away from the championship clubs as a result of this deal. Doesn't this sound familiar regarding the championship and the Premier league? Where is the extra money going to go, the players and their agents, that's where. This deal just increases the gaps in income between the various divisions, when what is really needed, is for the gaps to decrease.

Basically all this will do is more Derby , Reading , Wigan and Bury situations of trying to reach the championship and Premier League due to the very small income this is bringing to clubs 

This is rubbish, but let’s not forget the EFL put this to the vote of the 72 clubs, so the majority have agreed.

When we got relegated one of my first thoughts was that we’ll have more 3:00 kick offs, like a lot of said.  It’s when football should be played and that’s why they’ve kept the blackout as part of the deal.  This will see more games moved and some fans not going.  I struggle with night matches due to work and can’t always make them.  Rams TV has been brilliant for me to be able to watch all the midweek away games and the home ones I can’t get to.  Unfortunately, this service seems another victim as part of this deal.

There's fans that will go tut tut tut and still follow the Rams no matter what is served up for them at whatever time of day and night the games are played.

Then there's fans who'll say...go phuck yourself, When we were in the Championship we would often be on Sky TV, Whichever division we're in when this crap deal comes in we'll be a major player for the camaras...why because we will be having the biggest attendance imo which will be a boon for Sky Sports.

My days of being a ST Holder at DCFC will be coming to an end, I won't dance to the tune of Sky Sports.

7 hours ago, ram59 said:

That's the same Brighton who like most of the clubs who got promoted to the premier, broke FFP rules. Excluding promotion bonuses, they lost over £50M over the 2 seasons leading to promotion, whilst being subsidised to the the tune of an extra £8m by their owner renting the ground to them at a massive loss. So, not a well run club, just a lucky club, who after we spanked them, spent heavily beyond their means. threw the dice and unlike Derby, won the big prize.

So Brighton , who are just about to qualify for European football , with half a £Billion worth of players, one of them a World Cup winner- have done it all by luck. Wow it’s a good job they are not well run. By the way this pathetic tv deal was accepted unanimously by club chairman.

7 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

There's fans that will go tut tut tut and still follow the Rams no matter what is served up for them at whatever time of day and night the games are played.

Then there's fans who'll say...go phuck yourself, When we were in the Championship we would often be on Sky TV, Whichever division we're in when this crap deal comes in we'll be a major player for the camaras...why because we will be having the biggest attendance imo which will be a boon for Sky Sports.

My days of being a ST Holder at DCFC will be coming to an end, I won't dance to the tune of Sky Sports.

Everyone to their own but I won’t let Sky Sports determine whether or not I get a season ticket next year. I really don’t see the link unless the prospect of less 3pm kick offs means folk won’t be able to make it to so many games.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Everyone to their own but I won’t let Sky Sports determine whether or not I get a season ticket next year. I really don’t see the link unless the prospect of less 3pm kick offs means folk won’t be able to make it to so many games.

Each to their own, We have the ability to accept or decline, I'm retired, I get a cheaper ST, Time is no more important to me than anyone else, I've enjoyed this season as there were far more 3pm Kick Offs, A time spent with mates in the pub before and after the game, When in the Championship and games were forever moved and times were silly o'clock those mates were either working or had other things planned, Watching DCFC for me is a social thing, Football is/was the excuse/habit to see those friends, They'll be as pissed off with this as myself, Some will "tut" some like my will say...sod off.

DCFC used to be my life back in the day, Covid gave me an opportunity to re evaluate my life, Belper Town will be seeing more of me in the future, A different set of mates with something in common, 3pm Sat K off, Local football, A beer or 2 and a good giggle to boot. 

14 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

So Brighton , who are just about to qualify for European football , with half a £Billion worth of players, one of them a World Cup winner- have done it all by luck. Wow it’s a good job they are not well run. By the way this pathetic tv deal was accepted unanimously by club chairman.

Yes, but for a mistake against QPR or a poor team selection against villa, we could be Brighton, now.

47 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

This is rubbish, but let’s not forget the EFL put this to the vote of the 72 clubs, so the majority have agreed.

Yes but when the proposition is basically:

We've got some eggs. All we could get is eggs, we weren't able to get anything other than eggs and won't be able to get anything else for months, and even then it might just be more eggs, and they might be rotten eggs...  Do you want eggs for breakfast?

And the options are:

A. Yes please I'll have some eggs.

B. No thanks,  I'll starve to death while you take another few months trying to get something else.

...well you're not likely to pick B are you? It's a sham of a vote.

Edited by Kokosnuss

49 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

It’s sad that the your hatred towards SKY tv, outweighs your love for Derby County. Especially after the turbulence we have been through! The club need the fans now, more than ever! 

9 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

We've got some eggs. All we could get is eggs, we weren't able to get anything other than eggs and won't be able to get anything else for months, and even then it might just be more eggs, and they might be rotten eggs...  Do you want eggs for breakfast?

And the options are:

B. No thanks,  I'll starve to death while you take another few months trying to get something else.

And whilst clubs the bigger like Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds would thrive on their own streaming platforms without Sky Sports, smaller clubs like Grimsby, Lincoln, Accrington Stanley and Forest would struggle.

As you say, it's a sham of a vote, a real do or die situation where the clubs will be hoping to retain the hardcore support regardless of when the games are played.

15 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

And the options are:

Cracking analogy.