EFL new TV deal

alexxxxx

5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It’s sad that the your hatred towards SKY tv, outweighs your love for Derby County. Especially after the turbulence we have been through! The club need the fans now, more than ever! 

Hatred who mentioned that?

13 hours ago, angieram said:

BTW, you can immediately tell people who don't go to games on here.

Don't ever moan again about the atmosphere at games because we already put ourselves out big time to provide the atmosphere for your entertainment. That's going to get even more difficult,  whichever division we find ourselves in next season.

As a Plastic, I agree with you. This deal does nothing to enhance the experience of a match-attending football supporter. But no one should be surprised by that. Football sold its body and soul many, many years ago, and die-hard supporters have been royally f***** ever since.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Am I missing something?

We are all, rightly in my opinion, complaining about Sky and the EFL not caring about the impact on the fans who attend the games but didn't the clubs vote unanimously in favour of the deal as well?

I know it wouldn't have stopped the deal but a club could have voted against as a matter of principle if they'd wanted to. Sadly, it emphasises what is the worse thing about football - not VAR, not the standard of officials and not players cheating - but the influence of money. 

Ooh!  Are you sure!  Have you seen what happened to the last mob that voted/spoke against the last EFL TV deal!  😲

It went from having The EFL on strings, to not having two bootlaces to tie together!

The EFL are not to be messed with.  They'll chew you up and spit you out, as fast as you can say "But you can't change the rules retrospectively"!

They can... and they will.

... But watch them deny it!

👀

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

As a Plastic, I agree with you. This deal does nothing to enhance the experience of a match-attending football supporter. But no one should be surprised by that. Football sold its body and soul many, many years ago, and die-hard supporters have been royally f***** ever since.

Oh and by the way, the football clubs voted for this. How will they use these new monies? To balance the books? Perhaps a small few.   But the majority are more likely to line footballers, and their grubby agents, pockets. Will clubs improve the matchday experience and facilities? Will clubs implement the twenty is plenty policy? Don’t hold your breath.

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ooh!  Are you sure!  Have you seen what happened to the last mob that voted/spoke against the last EFL TV deal!  😲

It went from having The EFL on strings, to not having two bootlaces to tie together!

The EFL are not to be messed with.  They'll chew you up and spit you out, as fast as you can say "But you can't change the rules retrospectively"!

They can... and they will.

... But watch them deny it!

👀

The Efl will lose their power as a regulator. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The Efl will lose their power as a regulator. 

Dear Mr Pete,

If you are indeed pist and/or old, then please, please, please... DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!   

Regards,
caring and concerned, Derby.

😲

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I will not and shall not forgive them but for rams tv with out it people will have to come to games rather stay at home.

Sorry B4, but in your quest to fill Pride Park, you fail to realise that football fans have:

1) Families

2) Work

3) Financial restraints

4) Live far away from Derby

RamsTV is an essential service for many Derby fans including myself. I work until 8pm on a Tuesday, it’s one of my regular shifts. I would not be able to get to Pride Park for a midweek game until 10pm at the earliest. Same for a Monday and Friday if we were to play on those days.

Or I could be home to catch the second half on RamsTV at home. 

Your circumstances are very different to others. Losing RamsTV would be a huge loss for many fans. 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only time rams tv was alright was during lockdown that is it.

Only time cinemas were alright was during lockdown that is it. 

They were closed.