EFL new TV deal

alexxxxx

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Because we force to shut.

I know people who dont pay to watch it as get for free on these fire sticks.

So does club even make money on it

Sorry B4, I should never have got into this with you. 

I will leave it on this.

Try thinking of others.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry B4, I should never have got into this with you. 

I will leave it on this.

Try thinking of others.

Well just saying through

Even at £10 a game on it that £10 could be food on the table for some but if a package could be done for some it could be worth it.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well just saying through

Even at £10 a game on it that £10 could be food on the table for some but if a package could be done for some it could be worth it.

Compare that to the price of two adult tickets - £40?

Travel to the game - maybe £10

So £10 for two or more people on RamsTV, or too much money to go to watch the team at Pride Park!

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I will not and shall not forgive them but for rams tv with out it people will have to come to games rather stay at home.

Very selfish attitude. If it wasn’t for your Dad you wouldn’t even be going to the matches. How dare you have a go at people who can’t get to games for whatever reason?

You’ll be one of them one day maybe?

Think before you post, you’re no better supporter if you go home and away. Everyone wishes the team to do well, some are just lucky enough to go and see them play.

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

So, it sounds like Rams TV could continue, but for international audiences only? 

Well I am just giving my personal opapion like others have but even when first came out I was not a fan of it. Maybe for some it is a life line and yes I know mel started it because was not a fan tv money otherwise he would left it alone. 

I dont like sky as next person constant moving games around but maybe they will leave some kick off times alone maybe that's why clubs agreed the new deal.

But do you know if Rama tv makes  more money than sky does.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I am just giving my personal opapion like others have but even when first came out I was not a fan of it. Maybe for some it is a life line and yes I know mel started it because was not a fan tv money otherwise he would left it alone. 

I dont like sky as next person constant moving games around but maybe they will leave some kick off times alone maybe that's why clubs agreed the new deal.

But do you know if Rama tv makes  more money than sky does.

So, you never watched it prior to covid, then when you had to watch it because of covid you “weren’t a fan of it” well why did you watch it?

Mel didn’t start the iFollow streaming service, but what he did do is invest lots of money into it for extra cameras, built a studio and recruited people like Owen Bradley and host of other ex players to be pundits.

Have you ever watched another teams iFollow service? Of course not, you’re a super fan home and awayer aren’t you?  Some clubs have one camera and no commentary.

As for Ramstv making more money than sky? Ramstv probably doesn’t even make a profit, but it’s done for the benefit of the large home and overseas fan base.

I’ll join David and save my energy. Hope you enjoy Sheffield mate.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So, you never watched it prior to covid, then when you had to watch it because of covid you “weren’t a fan of it” well why did you watch it?

Mel didn’t start the iFollow streaming service, but what he did do is invest lots of money into it for extra cameras, built a studio and recruited people like Owen Bradley and host of other ex players to be pundits.

Have you ever watched another teams iFollow service? Of course not, you’re a super fan home and awayer aren’t you?  Some clubs have one camera and no commentary.

As for Ramstv making more money than sky? Ramstv probably doesn’t even make a profit, but it’s done for the benefit of the large home and overseas fan base.

Yes basicly only when cov 19 was around and everyone got bannied from everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Because only way you could watch it from.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

As for Ramstv making more money than sky? Ramstv probably doesn’t even make a profit, but it’s done for the benefit of the large home and overseas fan base

I'd think you'd be surprised how much revenue it generates. 

Last season, the way money was distributed changed to allow the clubs to keep more of the money they bought in via streaming, in Leagues One and Two at least.

Bolton were top of the pile, bringing in close to 900k from streaming rights.

In the article I read, the authors predicted that Derby would surpass £1m from streaming alone this season, after they'd given the opponents their due share. 

If I can find the article, I'll post a link.

As an example, I'm a ST holder, and do the odd away game, yet I've spent £260 on streaming since the first pre season at Bradford this season alone.

Another £100 for the VPN as well, we should start selling them too!

Edited by Rev
Example added

I want to give a contrary view to most.  I live 100 miles from ground, but am a home season ticket holder.  I never go to away games.  I greatly prefer 15.00 on a Saturday when I go.  However, I am happy to swallow that and travel at less consistent times if it means I can watch away games on my TV - which at present, due to living in the UK, I cannot do.  I can never go to away games as they always sell out, but still we can't subscribe. 

In the package offered, we will also receive all the Premier League games, cricket, F1 et al in the subscription, rather than just paying for Rams TV (and only getting Derby games).  To me, this is an excellent deal.  Good for the clubs; and good for a lot of fans.  OK, we'd prefer 3pm most of us, but sometimes you need to compromise one thing to get the big win.  

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Last season, the way money was distributed changed to allow the clubs to keep more of the money they bought in via streaming, in Leagues One and Two at least.

In the article I read, the authors predicted that Derby would surpass £1m from streaming alone this season, after they'd given the opponents their due share. 

As an example, I'm a ST holder, and do the odd away game, yet I've spent £260 on streaming since the first pre season at Bradford this season alone.

Don’t get me wrong, I truly hope they take £1million from it.  The content deserves it, I used to look forward to the U21 games on a Monday night when we had a good team pre Administration. This Sky ruling regards not showing reserve games when a Premier League game is showing didn’t seem to effect it back then?

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I'd be interested in seeing that, Rev - I've never seen any figures on streaming services.

On the wider 3 pm kick off debate, we are having to kick off at 12 noon tomorrow for the convenience of tv  not the fans. Not so bad for us at Sheff Weds, but Morecambe are at Exeter, Ipswich are at Fleetwood. What time will they be setting off? Forest Green Rovers are at Cambridge - these are their official coach pick up times.

Add in 30 minutes to get to the ground, they'll be getting up at 5 am. 

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'd be interested in seeing that, Rev - I've never seen any figures on streaming services.

On the wider 3 pm kick off debate, we are having to kick off at 12 noon tomorrow for the convenience of tv  not the fans. Not so bad for us at Sheff Weds, but Morecambe are at Exeter, Ipswich are at Fleetwood. What time will they be setting off? Forest Green Rovers are at Cambridge - these are their official coach pick up times.

Good grief Angie if my Missus was going it would be up at 4:00

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Taken from an article on The Athletic.

'Clubs such as Bolton and that £500,000 CEO Hart says they made through streaming last season. Or Ipswich, who are understood to have banked about £750,000 in streaming sales. Plymouth say they were somewhere in between.

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County, League One’s two biggest fish for 2022-23 after Sunderland won promotion in May’s play-off final, can expect to bank even more with the chance to stream their Boxing Day and New Year’s Day fixtures this season.'

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Taken from an article on The Athletic.

'Clubs such as Bolton and that £500,000 CEO Hart says they made through streaming last season. Or Ipswich, who are understood to have banked about £750,000 in streaming sales. Plymouth say they were somewhere in between.

Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County, League One’s two biggest fish for 2022-23 after Sunderland won promotion in May’s play-off final, can expect to bank even more with the chance to stream their Boxing Day and New Year’s Day fixtures this season.'

Turnover is vanity.  

What is the cost of the broadcast, servers, payment systems etc?  Versus Sky paying a fee with no hassle.  That is the benefit.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Our coach me and my dad get now we have to be 8:15 in the morning and means we for get up at 6 am.

Lucky for me I got first shift back at work on thursday.

19 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Turnover is vanity.  

What is the cost of the broadcast, servers, payment systems etc?  Versus Sky paying a fee with no hassle.  That is the benefit.

I believe the streaming 500k for Bolton was profit after costs.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

I believe the streaming 500k for Bolton was profit after costs.

Thanks, Rev.  £155m per season between 72 clubs.  £2.16m per club in theory, but would depend on being shown.  We are going to be shown practically every week, so would think we would exceed best case streaming revenues quite simply by this deal - and with Sky picking up overheads.  

If streaming was available for every game now I'd see the point, but we can only stream a small number to UK based fans (I know there are ways some use to circumvent this). Subscription model is difficult when we can only watch matches in weird timeslots.  If everygame was shown all those who can't go would subscribe and people like me would who only ever go to home games (can buy to watch the away games on TV).  

The better deal would be for EFL to lobby (it is for them, after all) for a removal of 3pm window and sell all matches to Sky.  But without that, this is a good deal.  We can watch most games with a subscription that provides F1, cricket, rugby league, Premiership.