V Shrewsbury Town (H) 4th March 15.00

Boycie

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Are we just knackered? Fewest players in the league used (by a distance) for a high-intensity style of play.

Barnsley out ran us last week, we relied on quality Tuesday and when Shrewsbury actually wanted to play the protagonist we couldn’t handle them.

Think there’s evidence to suggest this. Plus Warne clearly doesn’t trust Springett or Sibley in an attacking role.

How many players at hitting their straps right now? McGoldrick yes, Dobbin playing better but still inconsistent, Smith and Roberts churning out 6/10’s each week. But the rest of the lads are not performing consistently at a level they were 7/8 matches ago.

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, you were correct... but if that wasn't a "world class save" (Whatever one of those are!) then I'll be... erm... well... flabbergasted, I guess!  

Dobbin did absolutely nothing wrong there, and that would go in nine times out of ten.  

*Based on 1 x live viewing in real time only, from my seat in the NE corner.  I reserve the right to alter my opinion, once I catch the highlights!

RD view (had to make do with that today sadly due to childcare) was Dobbin did everything right and it was a brilliant save. 

Frustrating today as first half sounded (and according to Warne and corroborated by my old man who went)  as good as we’ve played all season. In complete control deserved to be further ahead, then Fozzy’s mistake combined with wall not doing its job and game management first 15-20 mins of second half has cost us, the timing of the goal gave them hope and impetus and they went for it, despite that we then (after the Wildsmith save) created the better chances to win it. We will play far worst and win. Another day we’d have won that 4-2 

While frustrating we haven’t really lost anything. Sheff wed are up, Plymouth not giving up and Ipswich according to RD were awesome today so look like they’ve got their act together. Our goal now is playoffs and we’ve lost no further ground to Wycombe. Due to the EFL imposed restrictions (harsh but we have to live them) and the takeover being completed as late as it was playoffs would be a more than credible achievement and once you’re in you have a chance. Overall we’re not IMO one the 3 best teams in this league but playoffs is about match winners and we have those. 

I’m furious we chucked today away but keep the faith. Still nailed on for playoffs anyone who says otherwise is just overly pessimistic in defeat.

I'm feeling so frustrated after that. First off, on Shrewsbury, I've not seen such an unlikeable team for quite a while. Absolute sh**houses with no football ability in their team. I'm amazed they've left with a point today, and it makes it even more disappointing that we couldn't bury them. 

First half, we looked very comfortable, even if extremely slow and a little sloppy. If we were on it, we'd have been 3 or even 4 up. Didzy looked classy as ever, Dobbin was running them ragged and they looked unable to contain any player with a bit of pace. We moved the ball around and stretched the pitch and they barely got out of their half.

Second half, it comes from a Forsyth mistake and foul leading to a freekick. Still not sure how the ball crossed the line as both the wall and Wildsmith didn't do their jobs well. Wildsmith is starting to make a fair number of mistakes now, I can point to at least 6 over the past 4 games. We started hoofing the ball, losing it easily and looking susceptible as they had a bit of pressure but not creating much besides the odd set piece. The penalty is a mistake from Rooney and he'd had a couple of issues with his positioning before which this time caused the error to be made. Then the game descended into a stop start one and we didn't do enough to win the game. 

The referee had an absolute shocker but that's been and gone. I'm not sure if it was a handball at the end or not, but I've rarely seen the north stand so animated. We miss chances going forward, Dobbin whilst quick and good on the ball cannot finish for toffee. We are overreliant on Didzy to get us the goals and perhaps need someone else tbh. Defensively, the cracks are showing. Cashin gets too tight to his man and Forsyth doesn't have the legs to cover. This inevitably creates problems for us when someone is a bit quicker or stronger than Cashin. We really struggled with the crosses today when they did come in and that is again an area we need to work on. 

Currently, i can't see us getting promoted this season. We'll make the playoffs but there are just too many vulnerabilities lurking throughout the team.

I thought the football we played in the first half was as good as anything we have done all season. Rooney panicked for the penalty after he got caught on the wrong side of his man .Warne has a 4 year contract and knows what he has got to add to the squad. If he doesn’t get us up this season . I am sure he will do it next year.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm feeling so frustrated after that. First off, on Shrewsbury, I've not seen such an unlikeable team for quite a while. Absolute sh**houses with no football ability in their team. I'm amazed they've left with a point today, and it makes it even more disappointing that we couldn't bury them. 

First half, we looked very comfortable, even if extremely slow and a little sloppy. If we were on it, we'd have been 3 or even 4 up. Didzy looked classy as ever, Dobbin was running them ragged and they looked unable to contain any player with a bit of pace. We moved the ball around and stretched the pitch and they barely got out of their half.

Second half, it comes from a Forsyth mistake and foul leading to a freekick. Still not sure how the ball crossed the line as both the wall and Wildsmith didn't do their jobs well. Wildsmith is starting to make a fair number of mistakes now, I can point to at least 6 over the past 4 games. We started hoofing the ball, losing it easily and looking susceptible as they had a bit of pressure but not creating much besides the odd set piece. The penalty is a mistake from Rooney and he'd had a couple of issues with his positioning before which this time caused the error to be made. Then the game descended into a stop start one and we didn't do enough to win the game. 

The referee had an absolute shocker but that's been and gone. I'm not sure if it was a handball at the end or not, but I've rarely seen the north stand so animated. We miss chances going forward, Dobbin whilst quick and good on the ball cannot finish for toffee. We are overreliant on Didzy to get us the goals and perhaps need someone else tbh. Defensively, the cracks are showing. Cashin gets too tight to his man and Forsyth doesn't have the legs to cover. This inevitably creates problems for us when someone is a bit quicker or stronger than Cashin. We really struggled with the crosses today when they did come in and that is again an area we need to work on. 

Currently, i can't see us getting promoted this season. We'll make the playoffs but there are just too many vulnerabilities lurking throughout the team.

Being on loan from Everton this is absolutely true till June.

This is also true.  Forsyth is now looking like an old geezer who has played 35 games on the trot and Cashin is looking like it's his first full season and he's played 35 games on the trot.  He was a walking red card today.

I'm not sure criticism of Wildsmith for that freekick going in is fair?

Once he instructs the wall, and confirms he's happy with where it stands, it's meant to cover that side of the goal, whilst he shepherds the other side.

The freekick did not curl gracefully around the wall.  It was not majestically floated over the wall.  Not even cunningly slid along the grass, under the wall (Although that would still be blamed on the wall not doing its job!

It went straight through.  Someone put in a doorway, but didn't bother to fit a door!  The intruder just waltzed straight in!

I've no idea which individual(s) were at fault... and no particular desire to find out... but the wall takes the blame for me, not the keeper.

48 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I do hope you’ll be willing to apologise to him for offering this opinion, when he gets us promoted

My opinion is nothing more than my opinion. If he gets us promoted I will be as happy as any other Ram. I doubt offering Paul Warne an apology (or not) will matter a jot to him. But, if it might in some way make you feel a wrong has been rightened then I will post an appropriate apology for you.

1 hour ago, alram said:

and thats why

dont disrespect your opponent like we did today.

i take a point because no damage has been done, shrewsbury were our main challengers for our playoff place and no damage has been done today. to suggest its unambitious is pure arrogance

I'm not sure that we "disrespected" Shrewsbury in any way. I think we started the 2nd half in neutral, perhaps because we wanted to preserve energy for Tuesday night and got sloppy. Neither goal was created by Shrewsbury as such, though the FK was well executed. They both came from our errors, even if I felt the penalty was extraordinarily soft, given that the contact was as much their player on ours as ours on theirs, and the ball wasn't going anywhere near his head even if Rooney and Fozzy had ran in opposite directions. If there was any disrespect, it came from Shrewsbury towards football, with their constant niggling and creative timewasting (all expected but don't expect me to admire it). It's still a game we could and perhaps should have won.

33 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

RD view (had to make do with that today sadly due to childcare) was Dobbin did everything right and it was a brilliant save. 

Frustrating today as first half sounded (and according to Warne and corroborated by my old man who went)  as good as we’ve played all season. In complete control deserved to be further ahead, then Fozzy’s mistake combined with wall not doing its job and game management first 15-20 mins of second half has cost us, the timing of the goal gave them hope and impetus and they went for it, despite that we then (after the Wildsmith save) created the better chances to win it. We will play far worst and win. Another day we’d have won that 4-2 

While frustrating we haven’t really lost anything. Sheff wed are up, Plymouth not giving up and Ipswich according to RD were awesome today so look like they’ve got their act together. Our goal now is playoffs and we’ve lost no further ground to Wycombe. Due to the EFL imposed restrictions (harsh but we have to live them) and the takeover being completed as late as it was playoffs would be a more than credible achievement and once you’re in you have a chance. Overall we’re not IMO one the 3 best teams in this league but playoffs is about match winners and we have those. 

I’m furious we chucked today away but keep the faith. Still nailed on for playoffs anyone who says otherwise is just overly pessimistic in defeat.

To be honest mate, I'm not seeing that one as a brilliant save or doing everything right.  The actual header, whilst on target, was traveling at the speed of a tortoise on ketamine and was directly central with no downward movement.  

39 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yes Refs are going to be poor in this League, but we never get the rub of the green with the decisions, it never evens it's self out. Agree we are going to finish in the top 6 and most of us fans would have took that back in July when we only had 5 players on the books. But to state we won't get promotion is a bit negative. It would take a momentus run and some luck with the other promotion rivals to finish in the top 2. So I would like us to finish 6th, because who ever finishes 3rd (likely to be Plymouth or Ipswich) will be gutted and ripe to beat over 2 legs. If we make the final, well it's a cup match that requires players with big match expierence and we've got lots of them.