Bring them “Home”

Day

1 hour ago, angieram said:

If only one  then Tomori all the way for me. Classy player and I cannot understand how Southgate keeps omitting him from his England squads.

But I have a soft spot for most ex-Rams and would love to see how some of the ex-academy players like Whitaker and Ebiowei would fare in this team.

Agree Tomori it would have to be. Tomori and cash - ah what a thought

Mount was a genius in the making it would be mad not to want him.

I would love Ebiowe back. Real talent in the making, great touch and a game changer

Festy because he was very good, very young, the most subtle brick outhouse ever and I think he loved us as much as we loved him

Vydra if he’s still got his pace .. he’d rip gaping holes at this level

I am going to get slaughtered for this but Nathan Byrne. If ever there was a 90 minute effort player it was him

Tomori because he and Cash would be great when Fozzy finally hangs up his boots. 

So what really I am saying is ….. this team with some wing backs, some cover and a striker with pace. 

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Johnny Russell at this level would be absolutely lethal. Him and NML would rip this division apart. 

Not sure right now Mount or Tomori would play well in this team. They were very good players in a footballing team but no chance they could stand up to some of the bruisers we’ve faced this season.

At this level Mount is a younger better Hourihan. Tomori is the young quality CB the could stand next to Cash when old legs finally falter.

hey it’s fantasy, neither are ever going to come here but they would fit like a glove in the current system

JR .. what a lovely bloke and a fav  player of mine. A real Ram but bottom line he is what we have in Barks .. age / ability whatever. Love him in the squad but he isn’t going to make a fundamental difference to what we already are beyond cover and rotation. (Which would be nice)

Edited by jono

The hardest thing in football is scoring goals, so first choice would be Mount. An all round midfielder who would score 20+ (30+?) goals a season at this level. But of those three wonderful loanees (how did fat Frank fail to get us promoted?) my favourite was Tomori. His "I told you" to all the players after Elland Rd was something else. And his pace and passing were amazing. Southgate is a fool.

Up front, for all his faults, Bamford has become a decent Premier League striker so I would have him too.

And as a wildcard, I'd love to see the extraordinarily skillful Slovenian international Timi Max Elsnick back and given the chance to show what he can really do.

I will just do it on players we owned 

Bogle - would suit us 

Ebosele - what a waste signing for that lot - his development here would have been very good 

Williams - again he would be playing and developing 

Delap or Jakobson based on what he has achieved in the championship as centre forwards 

I think NML is quite a bit better than Ebosele tbh, better end product especially when it comes to shooting, Ebosele would be good to have as a sub though. 

Mount, Wilson and Tomori are obviously no brainers. 

Don't know if Kazim Richards is still fit enough now but if he can play like he did a few years ago then I'd have him over Collins. Better touch and technical ability as a goal scorer he'd probably score about the same as Collins at this level. 

Obviously Hughes would be very good in League 1, not sure on Johnny Russell's level these days but you would think he would still be atleast a good impact sub. 

Definitely wouldn't want Malone, Bennett, Johnson or Butterfield back if he is still playing. 

Excepting that this is fantasy, but apart from the loan players didnt most of the others being mentioned with the possible exception of Will Hughes want to leave? In my recollection only Bobby Davison when he came back on loan had the same impact as before he left. No one could fault the efforts of Hector and Gemmill on their returns but as good as before they left? Look forward not back I reckon. Even returning heroes as manager Taylor Todd Gregory havent been successful. Let sleeping dogs lie. Sorry for coming over as a miserable old bugger, laid up with a bad back and fearing the West Ham game will be about a thousand steps to far. Seem to remember Alf Garnett getting Winston to push him to Upton park in a wheel chair cant see my mate doing that!!