Bring them “Home”

Day

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

What does @Kokosnuss have to say on this ?

The truth. Pretty much all of the stuff I've said about Ince previously has been proven to be correct in the long run, which his not-so glittering post-Derby career is testament to. I'm not going to go over the whole thing again for your pleasure though. He's doing pretty well under Daddy at Reading, but still hardly setting the world alight.

Mendez-Laing is doing well because he's more your archetypal winger, but he has a little bit extra too. His speed and strength are game-changing at this level (and in he right circumstances possibly still in the Championship) but they also allow him to play almost as a striker, as his last 2 goals have shown.

Ince doesn't really have that pace, physicality and/or variety to his play; despite playing in the (relatively) the same position he's a completely different type of player.

For what we're building and the way we play NML & Barkhuizen are far better suited to us.

Edited by Kokosnuss

I stand by my picks of Mount, then Tomori, then Bamford (even though he's a Bamford), with the wild card of Elsnik.

Here's a video (with the added bonus of a Linkin Park soundtrack) of what Timi's was up to a year or so ago if anyone's interested. I always thought he could be our own Matt Le Tissier, with a wand of a left foot that could find the net from anywhere in the opponent's half (and probably sometimes from beyond the halfway line). Now a full Slovenian international:

On 26/01/2023 at 10:51, Marriot Ram99 said:

I think NML is quite a bit better than Ebosele tbh, better end product especially when it comes to shooting, Ebosele would be good to have as a sub though. 

Mount, Wilson and Tomori are obviously no brainers. 

Don't know if Kazim Richards is still fit enough now but if he can play like he did a few years ago then I'd have him over Collins. Better touch and technical ability as a goal scorer he'd probably score about the same as Collins at this level. 

Obviously Hughes would be very good in League 1, not sure on Johnny Russell's level these days but you would think he would still be atleast a good impact sub. 

Definitely wouldn't want Malone, Bennett, Johnson or Butterfield back if he is still playing. 

The thing about Ebesole and Ebiowe vs NML is NML is at or past his peak. He’s magic even now, but what would/could the two “‘E’s” become. ?