Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

If we were looking at this without previous experience of him being here. I think we’d probably look at him as a player that adds good depth to the squad. As we know him so well, he’ll polarise opinion. 
I don’t particularly like going back for players. They rarely work out. In fairness I do think he will score goals at this level though, and I wouldn’t like him going to a promotion rival. 

Worth revisiting a lot of comments made on here about McGoldrick signing when he did or was about to, last season he couldn’t run fast, wasn’t getting selected when available etc etc but he seems to be rather streetwise for a lot of the defenders in this third division that we are in currently. How he can’t help us I don’t understand? Especially if we can’t get anyone better?

Personally I think Warne has a bit more about him as a motivator than Sgt Major Ostrich.

I think, should it happen, Martin could and should thrive under Warne and Warne's clear ability to motivate and inspire.

I never ever ever ever thought I'd see David McGoldrick being a star player in any team at any level. If Warne got the same peak level out of Martin, if could be amazing at this level.

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Personally I think Warne has a bit more about him as a motivator than Sgt Major Ostrich.

I think, should it happen, Martin could and should thrive under Warne and Warne's clear ability to motivate and inspire.

I never ever ever ever thought I'd see David McGoldrick being a star player in any team at any level. If Warne got the same peak level out of Martin, if could be amazing at this level.

Having the two of them would be very good insurance for the run in to the playoffs...

Neither are quick or sprint about the pitch like the headless Collins but both possess football intelligence and are constantly on the swivel to deliver the killer pass.

We would be a better more secure team with back to for didzy.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

You can't have been paying much attention to Shef Utd in the last few years then... Top scorer in their final season in the Prem (20/21) and voted Player of the Season the year they initially got promoted (18/19), and remained a firm fan favourite throughout his tenure with them.

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

You can't have been paying much attention to Shef Utd in the last few years then... Top scorer in their final season in the Prem (20/21) and voted Player of the Season the year they initially got promoted (18/19), and remained a firm fan favourite throughout his tenure with them.

I always thought it was sympathy votes. Like "oh... bless him, he tries hard"

The way I see it, Martin can do most of the stuff Collins currently does well for us (being a physical presence up front, occupying defenders etc), and most of the stuff McGoldrick currently does well for us (dropping off the front, finding space, linking the play up etc).  If he's within our wage budget, and if he's still reasonably fit (by his own standards), then I think it's an absolute no-brainer to get him back.  I think the most likely thing to stop us getting promoted this season is McGoldrick being unavailable for large periods (through injury/lack of fitness/whatever), and Chris Martin potentially solves that problem in one fell swoop.

15 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Paul Warne to Matt Hamshaw

PW: If we were to sign Chris Martin, how do you think we could get him moving faster around the pitch?

MH: Put him on a stretcher.

Have you seen the state of the fellas who have trotted out carrying the stretcher this season? I’ve seen treacle run faster.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Similar the Martin with us then 

16 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

If he's still 'got it' and his physical attributes don't really matter because they're outstripped by his technical ability and overall nous, then why don't Bristol want him anymore? Anyone know? They haven't changed manager, and Pearson seemed happy to play him to good effect previously.

Pearson wants 3-4 players out to bring some in and has told them they will not be selected no matter what ( foolish I say) - he is out of contract in the summer - we would need a loan I assume that is discounted in wages - would he he want to return who knows  can he play football, er yes