Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

Love Martin and everything he has done for our club. Also finds it hard to really understand why the view of him in here seem to be so polarized? He was by far our most important player for a few seasons and no replacemant could really fill the need for his clever play.

Great player on the top list of goals scored for our club and should be highly respected for that off course. In the same time I don't think he's the future for us and can't imagine Warne having a role for him since we press so hard. Let's face it, it always seemed to take 12 games to get him really match fit every season ? and the amount of closing down he would be expected to do just doesn't feel right. We would be better of finding a striker version of Knight, that would be frightening for the oppositions defence.

Edited by InstaRam

9 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Love Martin and everything he has done for our club. Also finds it hard to really understand why the view of him in here seem to be so polarized? He was by far our most important player for a few seasons and no replacemant could really fill the need for his clever play.

Probably because there was a 4-year civil war on the forum over whether he should be a starter after 2015.

Just now, Andicis said:

He's better than Collins, and no less mobile than McGoldrick really. As it has always been, put runners around him and he's very intelligent and good on the ball. I'd take him personally. 

He’d be a decent backup for McGoldrick at this level, and McGoldrick certainly needs someone to step in and give him a rest.

I just think, if we’re going to sign another striker, we should get someone who offers something different. Collins, and McGoldrick are different players, but neither of them offer much in behind. Someone who makes nippy runs would be my priority.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's better than Collins, and no less mobile than McGoldrick really. As it has always been, put runners around him and he's very intelligent and good on the ball. I'd take him personally. 

? It's how quickly a player thinks as much as how quickly they move. Such an intelligent footballer.

Edit: but I don't think he's coming home. ?

Edited by RoyMac5