Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Much rather we go for someone like Kenneth Zahore. Not wanted by West Brom, know Mendez-Laing well, and 28 years old. If we can get him to rekindle his Cardiff form then we could be into a winner! 

Wage demands would be way above what we could offer I'd assume. Unless they contributed a heft chunk on a loan.

22 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am sure warn can help martin but his goals could be key and help teach collins how to score different goals.

At his age Martin would not fit into Warne's high energy game. he is not mobile enough.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Love Chrissy Martin although I fiercely advocated against his signing when Clough got him from Norwich. I just couldn't see where the goals would come from and boy was I wrong. I think he'd fit Warne ball very nicely tbh. He'd hold the ball up, win free kicks, and he has that sneaky streak which his teams occupy. Defenders generally hate playing against him and given Warne loves to cross his aerial presence would help. 

Given that we can't pay fees and are limited in wages maybe bringing him back would be a good idea. He could alternate with Mcgoldrick giving us something a bit different. Yet, people will be wanting prime Martin which inevitably he is not now. He does seem to have a problem if he isn't getting first team football all the time which could also be an issue. It'd be very romantic if nothing else but am not sure if we'd be better off trying to get someone just a bit younger in.

Bristol want him off the wage bill which is why he isn’t being selected so they are actively encouraging him to move on - if it was subsidised we ought to be interested loaning him for the rest of the season but some folks have a strange view. Warne and martins view is what matters but I can’t see a particular down side

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I have to say something i cant let this pass by 

Yes CM and johnny russell were good and average players their best .

But again GOOD GRIEF really ??  . We need young hungry FIT players we have enough old wise men for the youngsters already at the club to have to cover them with their energy levels . Come onnnnn paul warne sign CM with his style of press pmsl . And JR good god he was average at his best no tricks in his locker at all .Johnny russell was a poor mans Gary Micklewhite who i would describe as having no tricks but an incredible work rate ( deffo a paul warne type player )  . 

Who next ...........John Gregory , stevie mac part 5 or is it 4 ( lost count ) 

GOOD GOD move on we need new players not the old crew back that basically FAILED to get us in the prem . 

I'm putting you down as a definite maybe.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I am sure warn can help martin but his goals could be key and help teach collins how to score different goals.

You do realise that Collins has scored more goals than Martin in his career? If one is teaching the other, it's Collins teaching Martin.

Collins, 197 goals in 599 games.

Martin, 164 goals in 613 games.

3 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

You do realise that Collins has scored more goals than Martin in his career? If one is teaching the other, it's Collins teaching Martin.

Collins, 197 goals in 599 games.

Martin, 164 goals in 613 games.

Yes but his goals are only part if his game. How do they match up if we compare sulks?!

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unsurprisingly, nothing in the 'gossip':

Just quoting this as a reminder there is nothing in it.

And in before the lock this topic posts, not a fan of that, prefer discussions to die down naturally.

But yeah, just a reminder there is absolutely nothing in this rumour, if you can even call it that.