Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

Chris Martin is such a great player technically that I'm sure he could play a part, but ultimately he's going to slower now and isn't exactly a player who makes an impact off the bench. Does he come in and start every game, probably not, so I think it wouldn't be an impactful signing for either party. 

Although, those questioning whether he would suit Warne's style, Martin is a competitor to the end - he may not ramp up the miles running around but anything into him is battle for whoever is marking him doesn't get an easy ride. 

Martin is the opposite of collins,bless him.

Collins runs around a lot and a achieves very little whilst Martin achieves a lot by moving very little...

It would be nice to have another striker who can play with back to the goal and win headers apart from Mcgoldrick too,I haven't seen Collins win an header since he came to the club,I don't know how he manages it.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Bloody hell, this forum must be in need of traffic if we are letting this thread burn. Martin is past it, and who the f*** is Darren Witcoop. 

Never heard of Darren Witcoop before. But he just compared Martin to Collins so I assume he is not a scout... 

One of the wannabe ITK fans is my guess. 

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Bloody hell, this forum must be in need of traffic if we are letting this thread burn. Martin is past it, and who the f*** is Darren Witcoop. 

Darren Wit-coop is a Yorkshireman famously photographed by the Huddersfield  Examiner in 1922 holding a bakerlite replica of the FA at the west York’s scout Jamboree 

we cant really be picky in our current situation as we can only get free agents or loans.

Hes not a Paul Warne type player. work rate is very low. but think he would still create chances if he had pace round him. But for the run in to the end of the season you need options i wouldnt mind chris as an option if theres any injuries in the striker department.

Surely depends on our options under business plan. CM has overall been my favourite player of last 10 years and would offer the ability to cover or split matches with Didzy but would be surprised if PW's preference isnt for a younger pacier option with Osula going back to his club. Totally agree if we can get one. Also his comments about the close knit group may be relevant with a strong character like CM. Suspect will depend on the likely limited options we have and if he actually wants to come back! 
By the way our youngsters of Bird, Knight, Cashin and Sibley all contenders for that favourite play crown. Good transfer window will be keeping that group intact whatever else happens

12 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Do all clubs harp on about ex players? 
let sleeping dogs lie and all that. 
we’re in a new era, don’t drag us back into the past. 

Not sure that folk on a forum discussing a possible (if somewhat implausible) transfer has any material effect on the club, nor any ability to revert the club to its recent past. There's any amount of reading material for those who would rather focus on the right here, right now too. I've not seen Martin play for a long time and view this link as tenuous in the extreme, not least because of Chris' likely wage requirements, but I've no problem with folk musing on it.

Seems to me, the more folk try to shut down certain topics, the more they crop up and if folk see a thread entitled 'Chris Martin ....', then they can always move to the next topic if they've no interest in reading it.

16 minutes ago, chadlad said:

CM never looked the fittest of players and hasn’t featured in their squad for more than a month. He doesn’t fit our pressing style and there is no way that he will be playing for us while PW is in charge

My opinion, not fact!

Neither does mcgoldrick,it's his football intelligence that makes him such an asset.

If he was injured,a fit cm would be a good stand in.

We had Osula who could run quick, unfortunately it wasn’t with a football he was also very tall but couldn’t jump with both feet off the ground to head a ball and didn’t seem able to control the football and pass it to teammates ( hopefully the lad will learn all these aspects) whilst signing Martin is a remote possibility he wouldn’t let us down in the third division!