Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He’d be a decent backup for McGoldrick at this level, and McGoldrick certainly needs someone to step in and give him a rest.

I just think, if we’re going to sign another striker, we should get someone who offers something different. Collins, and McGoldrick are different players, but neither of them offer much in behind. Someone who makes nippy runs would be my priority.

Don't disagree at all, we could definitely do with an option of pace if that is a possibility for us this window. 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He’d be a decent backup for McGoldrick at this level, and McGoldrick certainly needs someone to step in and give him a rest.

I just think, if we’re going to sign another striker, we should get someone who offers something different. Collins, and McGoldrick are different players, but neither of them offer much in behind. Someone who makes nippy runs would be my priority.

Actually, forget all that. I’ve got an irrational love for the man, and I miss the “Derby banter era” when we’d do silly stuff like this. 

Bring him home.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

We are in a very limited market, so if Warne is happy with a player coming in then I am happy.

There are pros & cons to every signing. Yes Martin isnt the most mobile but he never has been, but like McGoldrick his brain is his quickest featyre and at this level McGoldrick has shown how much of a difference that can make. Surround him with runners like Knight & Martin will get a fair few goals & assists before the end of the season.

Personally, I was a huge fan of Martin when he was here & if he comes back il fully support him again.

I do think someone like Wickham would be a better choice though.

Not for me, I know Collins and McGoldrick are both over 30 but for me they both work hard with the added bonus that DM is a superb technician. 

I think being a hard working striker is top of the attributes when it comes to playing in a Warne side. 

If the choice is Martin or nobody then of course I’d take him for an extra body and the nostalgia. However, I would be pursuing all other options before coming to this conclusion.

Just now, Sparkle said:

We are in the 3rd division - if we can’t get anyone else and Bristol city are paying most of his wages why not?

Because he’s the antithesis of a Paul Warne player and is a brilliant symbol for not only the exact reason why we’ve been so good the last few months, but also for an era we should be desperately trying to forget. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because he’s the antithesis of a Paul Warne player and is a brilliant symbol for not only the exact reason why we’ve been so good the last few months, but also for an era we should be desperately trying to forget. 

But if Warne chose him, then it would just be because you didn't want him?

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

If we needed a centre forward for three months and cost us little and he would be playing in a lower level league so to me it would be silly not to consider him

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If we needed a centre forward for three months and cost us little and he would be playing in a lower level league so to me it would be silly not to consider him

We need a centre forward with pace as option. We have Collins, we have McGoldrick and we could even use Barkhuizen or Dobbin in a pinch. He isn’t better than any of those at this stage in his career.

If you don’t run, you won’t play. Paul Warne clearly stated that. Rules Martin out immediately. 

Seems this debate goes off every few months on this forum. The obsession with former players is nauseating. Surprised people don’t fancy signing Shaun Barker. Just waiting for the fan club to tune up the band. 

Edited by Srg

Not sure he fits Warne’s style of play but does McGoldrick, our top goal scorer?

Might see why people want a different type of option but he’s got the technical skills to be excellent at this level, great target man to feet and can finish.

Is that not just what Didzy does? Except Martin’s a bit stronger, more of a target man.