Chrissy Martin

AdamSumnerDCFC6

36 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If you think Warne can convert Martin into a high pressing centre forward he must be planning on radical surgery.

I'm sure Charlie said something similar on RD before Christmas about Hourihane, my eyes told me different on Saturday. What is to say he cant adapt? Fozzy looks as fit as he did 6 years ago, astonishing job having the right attitude in a system that's managed by someone who knows what they are doing. If Martin doesn't fancy it he just wouldn't come, but if we signed him I would back our management to get the best out of him.

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So the only thing Chris Martin can’t do is run quick ? - yep agree ( probably can for twenty minutes) 

can he 

score goals - yep 

head the ball - yep 

control and pass the ball - yep 

win free kicks - yep 

head the ball away defensively -yep 

what am I missing ? 

About 4 years in truth

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So the only thing Chris Martin can’t do is run quick ? - yep agree ( probably can for twenty minutes) 

can he 

score goals - yep 

head the ball - yep 

win free kicks - yep 

what am I missing ? 

Falls down a lot?

57 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

can he 

score goals - yep 

head the ball - yep 

win free kicks - yep 

what am I missing ? 

That he could do those things in 2014

Love Chrissy Martin although I fiercely advocated against his signing when Clough got him from Norwich. I just couldn't see where the goals would come from and boy was I wrong. I think he'd fit Warne ball very nicely tbh. He'd hold the ball up, win free kicks, and he has that sneaky streak which his teams occupy. Defenders generally hate playing against him and given Warne loves to cross his aerial presence would help. 

Given that we can't pay fees and are limited in wages maybe bringing him back would be a good idea. He could alternate with Mcgoldrick giving us something a bit different. Yet, people will be wanting prime Martin which inevitably he is not now. He does seem to have a problem if he isn't getting first team football all the time which could also be an issue. It'd be very romantic if nothing else but am not sure if we'd be better off trying to get someone just a bit younger in.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

can he 

score goals - yep 

head the ball - yep 

win free kicks - yep 

what am I missing ? 

Fall over? There is a difference between winning a free kick and conning for one. Grealish wins free kicks (imho), Martin conned for them. You might like that, it's not what I want to see in my football team.

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Much rather we go for someone like Kenneth Zahore. Not wanted by West Brom, know Mendez-Laing well, and 28 years old. If we can get him to rekindle his Cardiff form then we could be into a winner! 

47 pages on the Zohore thread in the Albion forum…….big wages, happy to do nowt and collect his weekly wage, £8m fee played, 19 games in four seasons three goals.

Sort of sums up the fans love for Zohore.

One of if not the worst piece of transfer business our club has ever done and is one of many contributing factors to where we are today. Im amazed any club anywhere on this planet is remotley interested in picking him up even on a free. I wouldnt trust him to be a general member of club staff picking up minimum wage let alone a multi millionaire footballer. Terrible player good riddance.

…………………….not for me thanks. ?

27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Fall over? There is a difference between winning a free kick and conning for one. Grealish wins free kicks (imho), Martin conned for them. You might like that, it's not what I want to see in my football team.

Martin is just like Knighty, he wins freekicks by getting fouled. There was little conning, just the exaggeration that even Grealish uses. 

What did you think of Franny Lee?

I have to say something i cant let this pass by 

Yes CM and johnny russell were good and average players their best .

But again GOOD GRIEF really ??  . We need young hungry FIT players we have enough old wise men for the youngsters already at the club to have to cover them with their energy levels . Come onnnnn paul warne sign CM with his style of press pmsl . And JR good god he was average at his best no tricks in his locker at all .Johnny russell was a poor mans Gary Micklewhite who i would describe as having no tricks but an incredible work rate ( deffo a paul warne type player )  . 

Who next ...........John Gregory , stevie mac part 5 or is it 4 ( lost count ) 

GOOD GOD move on we need new players not the old crew back that basically FAILED to get us in the prem .