Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hourihane is a far bigger goal threat than Bird and a genuine match winner.

Bird isn’t a Bielik type. As you say, he needs legs around him but even then, I don’t think he is as creative as Hourihane.

McGoldrick was better as a 10 too.

I think the three at the back gets our better players in their best positions. NML and Bark can play wingbacks. Hourihane and Knight central midfield. McGoldrick and Sibley as roaming number 10s. Collins as the central striker.

Agree completely… re CH etc i think there will be occasions for bird and im not writing him off

Obviously he needs to sharpen up but i do have sympathy for him.

People ask what sort of player is he. We know what hes not etc etc.

Hes a water carrier… lots of very good players have been very successful in this role… hes not a destroyer , hes not a goal getter, hes not a particurlar creative hub. But on his day with options and more importantly bodies who are prepared to move for him to receive the ball… hes a water carrier, keeps the flow going, keeps things ticking, your heartbeat, your constant 

hes shown he can do this and is still only young and is learning

Im Not righting him off at all i think he needs time, its usually a role that requires experience and knowhow 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very attacking subs, but I don't understand how/why Hourihane is staying on. He doesn't have the legs for a whole game. Does Chester have legs for a whole game too? Odd to bring two of your more youthful players off first.

Radio Derby says we haven't taken any of the daft (my words) short goalkicks this game.

Classic post here from clueless Carl.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very attacking subs, but I don't understand how/why Hourihane is staying on. He doesn't have the legs for a whole game. Does Chester have legs for a whole game too? Odd to bring two of your more youthful players off first.

Radio Derby says we haven't taken any of the daft (my words) short goalkicks this game.

Au contraire Black Adder. 

I’m not jumping on the formation bandwagon that quickly. We were awful to begin with and looked badly lopsided.

When NML came on to give us two offensive wingbacks either side, we had the advantage of chasing the game and Wycombe just wanting to hold out.

Dids had help up there, not being on his own. That made a huge difference as well but I don’t expect to see LR to play both NML and TB as wingbacks at the same time.

We just wanted it and it was a great spirit shown. 

Awful tactical decisions 1st half, finally woke up to it after 60 mins and realised we are on L1 not the champions league. So much better with Conner pushing up, Collins up top  and NML on. Mcgoldrick MoM that bloke is class, shame we have an international break now could do with the momentum carrying on. COYR??????

Would the ref have blown for a penalty if we didn’t bury the rebound? Was a good 3 handballs in the area and Sibley if he didn’t go down so theatrically that’s a penalty also. Same old same old from the officials. Lucky we took it out of their hands! 

Edited by YouRams