Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers H Matchday Thread

archram

Saturday 17th September 3 pm at Pride Park

Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers 

“Trust me when I say this, our application in training has been exemplary since Lincoln on Tuesday.” Said Rosenior after the Rams were defeated 2-0 by Wycombe. 

I got so excited starting a thread I forgot to say why. I achieve one of my bucket list objectives on Saturday, being part of a hospitality package - 71 seasons after I first went to BBG. Haven’t always been able to attend regularly but have remained a half or quarter fan and followed us faithfully.

My youngest was 50 this year and a well off friend bought him a hospitality package - so, as well as a meal, we get to sit in the director’s box. So, he’s now able to do as he promised and he doesn’t even have to pay for it!

I’m so excited and it’s taken me so long to type this, someone has probably got in before me to start the thread.

P.S. I hope the food’s better than last night’s football  ?

36 minutes ago, archram said:

I got so excited starting a thread I forgot to say why. I achieve one of my bucket list objectives on Saturday, being part of a hospitality package - 71 seasons after I first went to BBG. Haven’t always been able to attend regularly but have remained a half or quarter fan and followed us faithfully.

My youngest was 50 this year and a well off friend bought him a hospitality package - so, as well as a meal, we get to sit in the director’s box. So, he’s now able to do as he promised and he doesn’t even have to pay for it!

I’m so excited and it’s taken me so long to type this, someone has probably got in before me to start the thread.

Take someone with you who's young enough to get away with knocking Couhig's cowboy hat off, if he's brave enough to attend, that is. ?

Wildsmith

Oduroh  Davies   Chester   Forsyth 

Rooney 

Mendez laing   knight    Barkhuizen

Sibley 

Mcgoldrick 

I'd like us to try something like this would definitely like to see Jake Rooney given a go and think Cashin could do with a break and gives us a chance to check out Chester. I'm not a fan of two holding midfielders .

3 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Wildsmith

Rooney 

Sibley 

Mcgoldrick 

I'd like us to try something like this would definitely like to see Jake Rooney given a go and think Cashin could do with a break and gives us a chance to check out Chester. I'm not a fan of two holding midfielders .

Don’t mind the remainder but we should go young, not old at CB. Roberts and Cashin 

17 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Wildsmith

Rooney 

Sibley 

Mcgoldrick 

These are the personnel I would pick, but in terms of formation I would be more 4-1-4-1 with Sibley more in midfield alongside Knight, but both of them linking with McGoldrick as the focal point of the attack. I genuinely think this is a first 11 and formation that could power up the table and win us promotion. I like Cashin an awful lot but I think he could do with a rest. Tough decisions for the bench. Contenders are Loach, Roberts, Cashin, Stearman, Smith, Bird, Hourihane, Dobbin, Collins, Osula. I don't see that Osula deserves a place at the moment, but that still means not picking two more of these.

I hope Liam spends the next couple of days making sure the players realise the importance of this game to Rams fans. With so many new players , they may not know about the anger towards Boro and WW , who almost scuppered the DCFC takeover.Money grabbing Couhig held us to ransom for months. His reception is going to be Hot Hot Hot.

Wildsmith

Oduroh      Rooney      Cashin      Forsyth

Smith       Knight        Sibley

NML             McGoldrick           Barkhuizen

Loach, Roberts, Davies, Bird, Hourihane, Dobbin, Collins

21 hours ago, archram said:

That is exciting. Hope you will report back. I was going to ask for that for christmas from everyone instead of usual stuff so very interested to know whether it is worth it. If their owner turns up you can glare daggers at him and call him names in your head throughout - much fun. 

Wildsmith 

oduroh      Davies.     Cashin.     Forsyth     
                     Knight       Smith 

NML.                   Sibley            Barkhauzen 

Collins 

no idea when smith will be fit and Mc Goldrick to replace Sibley probably in the second half whilst Dobbin could get Barkhauzen spot 

13 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Sorry for going slightly off topic...this is the first game I've been to at PPS for at least 4 years now...where are car parks A and B??

Behind south stand. Traffic still shocking everywhere. We usually have something to eat before going back to car but then we have a long drive 

Well, time to set things right,eh?

It's at home.

It's against an team who will try to win the game and not just sit and block and try to nick something .

It's a team we'd all particularly enjoy a win against.

For all that's been bad in the last couple of games a win on Saturday pits us back on track to decent extent.

My my we need to sort out our away form though.

I don’t understand why so many people are leaving Max Bird out of their team because for me he is one of the first names on the team sheet.

With little help from fellow midfielders at times has looked like the only one playing there as Conor looks to prefer playing out wide and in any case has a habit of drifting in and out of games. Bird and Knight in the middle of the pitch with NML and Barks the wide men and McGoldrick in behind Collins. 

Right back is obviously the problem position, do you trust Oduroh with his inexperience and lack of height, or maybe the left footed Roberts. I would go with Roberts but thankfully I don’t pick the team.