Lincoln v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Don’t think Curtis’s return helped. He looked like an old man playing his first game for a while. Knight was outplayed by Diamond. Bird and Hourihane immobile and timid. Only NML of the six forward players looked remotely menacing. Five poor performances from forwards!

No leaders, no thought.

Smith and Knight are our brightest midfielders, but neither is an enforcer. It’s like LR realises we are weak in midfield so picks pretty much 4-2-4 in every game. 

One game doesn’t define a season but that was a watershed. I would expect some harsh words in that dressing room. We have the players to turn things around but not with the attitude or application that they showed tonight.

I’m starting to think a different manager may get more out of these players. It’s just Groundhog Day away, all the ball and achieve nothing. Rosenior doesn’t have a plan b or seem concerned by it.

Not sure anyone played well tonight, midfield was really poor. Knight really needs moving into midfield. Rosenior obviously doesn’t fancy our other option there though.

Osula I don’t think has had a good touch yet in about 40 minutes on the pitch 

3 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

To be fair I agree. 
but I think it’s clear.. we don’t have any metal on midfield no hard players to say don’t f*** around with us in midfield. We’re scared to get stuck in mate. 

Yeah, wouldn't disagree. I think Bird can get fiesty but not lately. We know Sibley can be fiesty but he hasn't learned to control it well so he hasn't. Though I wouldn't want a big lump in midfield just to scare people if they would be too slow and inhibit us

That's a casualty of the cobbled together squad though. An experienced strong midfield player like that doesn't stay a free agent for long as every team could use a head like that and that's the market we're shopping in I guess. If only Bielik was here ?

3 minutes ago, Lac291884 said:

Dreadful Performance.

The midfield 2 of Bird and Hourihane is simply not working, need to drop Hourihane and give him a reality check. Both are far too immobile, especially in League 1 where teams let us have possession and put pressure on until we make a mistake. Should have got a RB in the window so we can slot Knight back into the midfield. Even though it's yet to be seen if he is ready, we should give Oduroh a go at RB.

Dobbin I thought was poor, lost the ball too often and didn't create anything up top. I thought Sibley was playing ok so I don't know why he was brought off so early and players like Hourihane stayed on the pitch. 

We seem so easy to play against and Rosenior needs to sort it out fast. Teams let us have the ball and take advantage of errors we make whilst we hardly create anything to make up for the possession. It almost seems more advantageous for our opposition just to give us the ball in our half and wait for us to bugger it up. Lincoln were pretty much doing that, they constantly played long balls which hardly hit their man.  

The style rosenior wants us to play… which is basically cocu ball is too easy to play against and counter.

its too slow with and without the ball, no tempo, no urgency, no production. 

LR needs to adapt it to suit the skillset of his players otherwise he’ll fail in exactly the same way and for the same reasons as cocu

14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

People need to give their head a wobble if you're calling for Rosenior's head already. It's SO EARLY in the season. We were poor tonight, yes. But, we were also shafted with 3 decisions that, if they were the other way around, would not have been given. Penalty was soft and the 2 offsides were clearly onside. 

But it's not just this game he was integral to the management last year. It's different players but the problems are the same. How long does he get to show an improvement?

Every team can moan about decisions but are away from is atrocious. It's not bad decisions that have caused us to not score a single away goal this season.

If it was a one off yes but it's not.

Let's hope we get a performance on Saturday 

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

but this is what you call a lapse in form -

Away from home, this isn't a lapse in form. 

It's been the norm since Cocu took charge, and we're somehow getting worse, despite the quality of the squad improving when compared to the opposition.

Liam has been there throughout, that he seems powerless to effect change is concerning.

Something wrong here, 4 away games and no goals, Bad refs, Unlucky in front of goal, Posts hit, Cleared off the line, "not offside", Soft penalty, We've heard this for the past 2 seasons and it's not good enough.

I don't know David Clowes neither do I know Liam Rosenior, What I have heard is they are both very nice men who do things the right way, Football is a cut throat business I sense dissatisfaction from fans and rightly so, Look at the players we have, Then ask why are we so poor away, The Manager picks the team, The Manager plays the formation and tactics, The Manager gives both team talks before and at HT, This game of ours is a results business and unfortunately the Manager pays the price in the main for the results, LR needs to look at himself, DC needs to either give LR a contract as with interim Manager there's uncertainty, The uncertainty can have an effect on the players.

Wycombe will see this result as an opportunity to get amongst us on Saturday, Lose and LR will have a very difficult time indeed.

COYRs

14 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Liam Rosenior:

”some players would of found out about league 1 today. I’m still finding out about these players” 

Hes been here years working with most of these young lads. He’s a pretender 

Which ones.  Mcgoldrick, Stearman, Hourihane, Davies, Mendez Laing, Collins, Smith, Wildsmith etc have all played here before and most have got promoted from it and then excelled at a higher level.  

image.png.d7731c38b79f9cea1a2e848e5b4dd1d7.png

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!