James Collins

Sean

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Having seen the replay a number of times, I think he caught the players arm….why he rolled over as if he had been shot is anyones guess….

If the view I saw tonight from ramstv is anything to go by then it looks suspect.  I’m not saying it was, but looking at it on the feeds I’ve seen are too far away to see arms in the way.

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If the view I saw tonight from ramstv is anything to go by then it looks suspect.  I’m not saying it was, but looking at it on the feeds I’ve seen are too far away to see arms in the way.

Only offering my view having seen the footage 6 or 7 times ?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Getting in his face got him the red I assume?

The Vale players reaction and his mate who shoved Collins two handedly got him sent off. The ref didn't see it. 

Tbf, this was not one of the decisions I've called him a cheat over. He just panicked due to the cheating of the Vale players, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just total incompetence from someone who is not cut out to officiate a game of subbuteo.

Its the decisions where a Derby player was blatantly fouled and the ref gave a free kick to Vale that wound me up. Why, what did he see? Twice, in the penalty area, Derby players were subjected to holds I'd not seen since Mick McManus was performing a half nelson on Big Daddy on World of Sport in the 1970's.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The Vale players reaction and his mate who shoved Collins two handedly got him sent off. The ref didn't see it. 

Tbf, this was not one of the decisions I've called him a cheat over. He just panicked due to the cheating of the Vale players, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it was just total incompetence from someone who is not cut out to officiate a game of subbuteo.

Its the decisions where a Derby player was blatantly fouled and the ref gave a free kick to Vale that wound me up. Why, what did he see? Twice, in the penalty area, Derby players were subjected to holds I'd not seen since Mick McManus was performing a half nelson on Big Daddy on World of Sport in the 1970's.

There was a glaring one where Sibley was away through the middle and the bloke grabbed the front of his shirt with both hands as he went past.  Played on and they got a breakaway when he cleared.  Absolutely horrific officiating.  Dobbin also got cleaned out just outside the box and he carried on 

“At the end of the day, if I can be seen as a good referee then that’s fantastic, but normally 50% of people are going to think you’re not great because they’ve been on the receiving end of getting beat,” he says. “But I’ve got such a passion for the game and making sure I do the job to the best of my ability. If I can do that and nobody is talking about me at the end of the game, that’s what it’s all about.”

Based on the last 6 months this isn't really working out how he wanted.   That would indicate he's rather s*** at his job based on his own targets. I'd recommend he looks elsewhere or gets some binoculars.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There was a glaring one where Sibley was away through the middle and the bloke grabbed the front of his shirt with both hands as he went past.  Played on and they got a breakaway when he cleared.  Absolutely horrific officiating.  Dobbin also got cleaned out just outside the box and he carried on 

It was a disgraceful performance. Thats why I called it cheating, it wasn't just incompetence out there, he was blatantly giving fouls against those who'd been fouled.

I’m glad the “Collo” thread has been bumped cause quite frankly I like him.

Seems like a hustle and bustle CF that’ll run through brick walls etc etc.

But what really has made me like him is how he talks. Really liked his interview after Cambridge. Seems a good, honest, likeable footballer.

I can understand why he’s Paul Warne’s cup of tea.

I think he’ll be a good signing over the season. Shame he got the red but he’ll be alright I reckon.

Had a good game. Hard to tell what happened with the red card and no replays seem to shed any light. All I can say is the ref must have seen something particularly out of order to brandish a red so quickly. Looked to me like a standard goalmouth tussle at a distance but whether something spicy happened in close quarters on the ground that we can't see...I'm not sure

9 hours ago, Tombo said:

Had a good game. Hard to tell what happened with the red card and no replays seem to shed any light. All I can say is the ref must have seen something particularly out of order to brandish a red so quickly. Looked to me like a standard goalmouth tussle at a distance but whether something spicy happened in close quarters on the ground that we can't see...I'm not sure

Just stupidity from Collins. Don't think he touched the bloke nor meant to, but with the ref we had?! Not bright.

14 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Having seen the replay a number of times, I think he caught the players arm….why he rolled over as if he had been shot is anyones guess….

Because that’s what professional footballers (our own included) do sadly. I’ve said for a long time, if I had my way there would repercussions if post match videos clearly showed a player had faked it. 

Having said that, also having watched it several time it does look to me as if the inside of his arm caught the PV players head but not hard enough to cause the theatrics. I doubt very much the club will appeal.

Edited by Tamworthram

It just felt like the ref wanted to be centre of attention yesterday.

Think JC was unlucky to be honest, clearly wrestled to the ground in the box, decision given against him (and for the hour before that.) He shows his frustration against the pitch and looked genuinely surprised that he caught their player (if he properly did) 

Ref was a long way away from play and brandished the red before properly digesting what he (thought) saw.

Their player not even booked for pushing JC to the ground. 

I'm usually pretty balanced on these things and I think the ref got that wrong. Some bizarre decisions against us, just felt a bit dubious to be honest.

On Collins, it's a desperate shame for the guy. I think he's been good but a tough start at the club in some fans' eyes and just as it's coming good in front of goal, he has to sit it out for 3 matches. I think we'll struggle without him. 

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Because that’s what professional footballers (our own included) do sadly. I’ve said for a long time, if I had my way there would repercussions if post match videos clearly showed a player had faked it. 

Having said that, also having watched it several time it does look to me as if the inside of his arm caught the PV players head but not hard enough to cause the theatrics. I doubt very much the club will appeal.

I’ve seen Port Vale fans sharing a picture of the defender Collins “hit” with a black eye. It could be the angle but it looks like a dodgy photoshop.

Not sure if he made contact or not, or if there was any intention.

Sadly it was a daft thing to do whilst he was on top of their player, he gave a dodgy ref a very easy choice, which was helped by the Vale players theatrics!

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just stupidity from Collins. Don't think he touched the bloke nor meant to, but with the ref we had?! Not bright.

Yes, it was a bit daft from Collins who was playing really well up until the incident. In the event that the player and the club feel it was a bad decision by the ref, they will no doubt appeal the sending off. Otherwise the players (and supporters) need to get used to the poor standard of refereeing in L1. It affects all the teams in the division. 

I think it's natural to lump all decisions together when such a large percentage of the decisions are wrong but come on, if we're honest Collins was correctly sent off. I don't think he intended to hit the guy, in fact I don't think that he did hit the guy but you can't lie on top of a player, regardless of how you got there, and punch the ground beside his head. It was an aggressive and reckless action that warranted a red.

Clearly this referee is operating way above his ability should allow. He lacked confidence and positivity in almost every decision he made, and you know that you've had a baddun when the opposition manager admits that the decisions went his way.

Unfortunately we are an insignificance these days so there is no point complaining because it won't make any difference. I do love Paul Warnes comment though, he said "I think his integrity is really good and he meant to make the right decisions. But when he watches it back tonight he might think he made some bad decisions". 

In my opinion thats how to deal with sh*t refs, dont give them the satisfaction of talking yourself into a fine because publicity and notoriety are the things that some of them crave.

14 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

I think it's natural to lump all decisions together when such a large percentage of the decisions are wrong but come on, if we're honest Collins was correctly sent off. I don't think he intended to hit the guy, in fact I don't think that he did hit the guy but you can't lie on top of a player, regardless of how you got there, and punch the ground beside his head. It was an aggressive and reckless action that warranted a red.

Clearly this referee is operating way above his ability should allow. He lacked confidence and positivity in almost every decision he made, and you know that you've had a baddun when the opposition manager admits that the decisions went his way.

Unfortunately we are an insignificance these days so there is no point complaining because it won't make any difference. I do love Paul Warnes comment though, he said "I think his integrity is really good and he meant to make the right decisions. But when he watches it back tonight he might think he made some bad decisions". 

In my opinion thats how to deal with sh*t refs, dont give them the satisfaction of talking yourself into a fine because publicity and notoriety are the things that some of them crave.

From the FA rules:

SmartSelect_20221009_222248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.200aa777eef4da8e24629d0cd97b662a.jpg

You stated "reckless" which is only a yellow.