James Collins

Sean

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah cos that will stop all the poor refereeing and controversy. ?

I admit it's not entirely stopped it in the Premier league, but it has helped.

According to FIFA, the VAR system had a success rate of 99.3 percent, up from the 95 percent of correct calls by referees without VAR.

It will make the referees think about what their performance being monitored.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

16 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I admit it's not entirely stopped it in the Premier league, but it has helped.

According to FIFA, the VAR system had a success rate of 99.3 percent, up from the 95 percent of correct calls by referees without VAR.

It will make the referees think about what their performance being monitored.

But it will never be 100%. It cannot be perfect as it always depends on interpretation - VAR doesn't change that. Assessment of refs can be done without it.

That has to be accepted and refusing to accept that it always depends on interpretation is as much a problem as poor standards

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But it will never be 100%. It cannot be perfect as it always depends on interpretation - VAR doesn't change that. Assessment of refs can be done without it.

That has to be accepted and refusing to accept that it always depends on interpretation is as much a problem as poor standards

Isn't about improving the effectiveness of less effective referees in League one.

On 12/10/2022 at 14:08, TomTom92 said:

Well if the lino thought it was stonewall he would've flagged straight away and same for the ref. What's there to discuss? ...

Secondly, who is the lino? Rosie Jones?

Plenty of penalties should be given, even if they’re not ‘stonewall’ and they are the ones that might need discussion, eg... 

S Allison: “wow Rosie, looked to me like Barkhoozen, err Barkhayzen, Mmm Barkwhoitzen, ... well, the Derby guy with no. 7 on his shirt, might have caught the PV guy’s leg there. What d’ya think?  (I’m asking because you’re closer than me,  I’m already having a bad game, the fans hate me and with the sun and shade thing on this pitch I’m having a nasty case of macular degeneration” 

Rosie (for it is she): “yes matey, you sure are having a bad game and you’re dead right about the fans. Anyway looked to me like he caught the last leg, would I lie to you ? “