James Collins

Sean

6 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

He was not excellent and he didn’t take his goal well. 

Didzy was excellent and his assist was brilliant. Won the ball and laid it on a plate to score. 

wtf GIF

2 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Watch it again. I just have.  It's a perfect 'FIFA' type dink over the keeper. Really good finish. Not dissimilar to one Ravel Morrison scored last season. Exactly what he intended. Just seems like you've made your mind up about him already and don't want to change it regardless of the evidence to the contrary.

Absolutely………can you imagine the circle jerk if that had been Morrison scoring that goal yesterday?

Yet some barely want to give Collins any credit at all.

Strange!

10 hours ago, jono said:

I can’t even bother with an angry emoji. That rates as the worst post of the day.

A new striker, in a drought at a new club and he bags his opener. You write that ? 

For the record .. it was a beautifully weighted ball from McGoldrick. He was 1 V 1 against an advancing goalie with a split second to make his decision. It was a sweet clean shot reversed against the goalies movement slotted neatly in the back of the net. No panic, no fluff, no snatched blast. Good finish end of story. 

AND ? while I am on a roll, he lifted it a touch which  meant it comfortably cleared the goalies trailing legs. Finished with aplomb in other words ! 

Equally, I confess I was holding my breath like 25,000 others and thinking oooo noooooo  it’s going wide ?

On 03/09/2022 at 18:01, Magicman said:

Collins must thank McGoldrick for playing it on a plate . I was behind it and he almost missed ! We lost our energy as they swarmed over our tired midfield.

You really are a bit of a bit of an ingrate. Collins did thank McGoldrick for the cracking pass when they celebrated and I’d warrant in the dressing room as well. It wasn’t an on the plate tap in.  He finished it, under pressure, calmly and precisely - which for a striker in a high profile drought at a new club deserves significant recognition, not your churlish damning by faint praise. 

We’ ve had the odd spar and will doubtless continue to do so given your peculiar attitude and repeated defective analysis of the game. How much live football have you actually watched ? 

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Well my view was and my comment is based on that ok 

In real time I thought it was going wide but, watching the replay it's clear it was comfortable inside the post and probably the only place he could have put it.

Sometimes we just have to accept that our original opinion was wrong. ?

image.thumb.png.c00dcb1d5a4f0ea51b15414c64b9b5c8.png

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In real time I thought it was going wide but, watching the replay it's clear it was comfortable inside the post and probably the only place he could have put it.

Sometimes we just have to accept that our original opinion was wrong. ?

image.thumb.png.c00dcb1d5a4f0ea51b15414c64b9b5c8.png

I saw opening I shouted top of my lungs now slip him through I think Colin's heard me. I swear I see mcgoldrick wink at me that brought me a smile.

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Really don’t get the criticism for his goal.  It was a nice finish.  Dinked over the keeper as he’s rushing out, no time to think about it so it was instinctive.

There are some odd balls out there who are either fixated on a certain player or in an entirely illogical way take a dislike to another player either because they know nothing, or because said player might be taking a slot in the team that their love child might want. It’s the only part of forum discussions that gets my goat. 

10 minutes ago, jono said:

There are some odd balls out there who are either fixated on a certain player or in an entirely illogical way take a dislike to another player either because they know nothing, or because said player might be taking a slot in the team that their love child might want. It’s the only part of forum discussions that gets my goat. 

Forums are for opinions but it’s clear there’s only yours that matter and we should all believe what your trying to sell. 

I don’t think there’s one Derby supporter that would want one of their own players to not do well. That’s illogical, don’t you think? 

39 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Forums are for opinions but it’s clear there’s only yours that matter and we should all believe what your trying to sell. 

I don’t think there’s one Derby supporter that would want one of their own players to not do well. That’s illogical, don’t you think? 

Not at all. When someone has a view and backs it with reasoned argument  then fair enough. When someone says “that was a poor finish” when evidently it wasn’t, then I am entirely comfortable pouring scorn on it. 

And on your second point I think some of the comments about Collins suggest the opposite. 

31 minutes ago, jono said:

Not at all. When someone has a view and backs it with reasoned argument  then fair enough. When someone says “that was a poor finish” when evidently it wasn’t, then I am entirely comfortable pouring scorn on it. 

And on your second point I think some of the comments about Collins suggest the opposite. 

OK Jono, you seem like your a guy that’s right every time so I believe everything you say. 

Have a lovely evening.