James Collins

Sean

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That really stands out. Mention another. ?

Lol, very funny comparing him to Martin. Is that meant to wind me up? 

He's not up to much, if any other player had done 'one touch' and missed chances?! Thought Thommo played a lovely pass for one of the goals, got to play every match now ain't he.

The guy hasn't done much in the past couple of games, he's looked lost - as someone else said lots of throwing his arms in the air when he doesn't get a pass - very Chrissie! 

He might come good but atm he's looking very Derek Hales, but cheaper obviously.

Oh and for the few minutes he was on, Bart looked much livelier and had a good chance.

Rubbish , Collins is showing his worth as a team player , hopefully on Saturday he will get a goal that his play so far has merited , hasnt took long for some fans on here to adopt a new scapegoat

7 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Rubbish , Collins is showing his worth as a team player , hopefully on Saturday he will get a goal that his play so far has merited , hasnt took long for some fans on here to adopt a new scapegoat

Lol. He's a striker he's scored exactly no goals. I'll be more than happy to see him score. If talking about what he's done make it out to be scapegoating then lots of the threads on here will qualify for that too. ?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. He's a striker he's scored exactly no goals. I'll be more than happy to see him score. If talking about what he's done make it out to be scapegoating then lots of the threads on here will qualify for that too. ?

A striker can make plenty of valuable team contributions other than scoring goals

Collins is definitely a team player and will help other players with his running and determination.

I guess as a striker (by definition goal scorer) you would expect him to score against teams like Grimsby to break his duck.

We all want him to score and I hope will support him until he does.

At the moment it’s hard to watch because he can’t strike the ball, control the ball or avoid opponents when he’s in the box.

It must be down to confidence because he has proved at other clubs he is more than capable.

I see RoyMac is winding you all up again. Not sure why you all give him the bites he is looking for. His only true centre forward love is Chris Martin, whose goal record over his entire career is far inferior to Collins, and over the last 5 years he has scored 34 from 185 appearances. (Collins 77 from 227). Martin is one ahead in the goal scoring sweepstake this season, but Roy lets have a £20 quid charity bet as to who scores more goals in the coming season.

On 31/08/2022 at 21:51, i-Ram said:

Yes, he missed one at the end, but McGoldrick wasn’t looking to pick him out with a pass. He took a poor shot, and from a good position flashed wide of the goal. Collins was in the right place but couldn’t adjust his feet

Wasn’t a bad miss. Was hit hard. He had a defender between himself and McGoldrick when it was struck and that and the pace meant he didn’t have time to judge the dip on the ball. So he got himself airborne and was yorkered. He had made a good run and was in the right place apart from altitude

You’re right (well your missus probably) his part in the first goal was classy 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Liam is confident Collins will score bucket loads of goals. Charlton managed to beat Argyle 5-1 a couple of weeks ago, so Collins must be thinking “Todays the day”. The law of averages says one will hit him and go in soon.

I think that was against 10 men early on - I’ll accept victory