This Papa Johns Guff

Rampant

I know there are rules about having to pick so many players involved in the previous and/or next match but I hope the club just pay the £5k fine if necessary and pick whoever they want. 

An absolute nonsense of a competition which just adds more clutter to an already congested fixture list and any injuries picked up would be especially galling. 

Rest the vast majority Liam and get ready for Plymouth on Saturday. 

Something like the following would suit me:

Fowkes, Odurah, Grewall-Pollard, Rooney, Roberts, Robinson, Thompson, Aghatise, Nunn, Cybulski, Ibrahim

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

I know there are rules about having to pick so many players involved in the previous and/or next match but I hope the club just pay the £5k fine if necessary and pick whoever they want. 

An absolute nonsense of a competition which just adds more clutter to an already congested fixture list and any injuries picked up would be especially galling. 

Fowkes, Odurah, Grewall-Pollard, Rooney, Roberts, Robinson, Thompson, Aghatise, Nunn, Cybulski, Ibrahim

father-ted.gif

6 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’d take this more seriously than the carabao cup personally.

We absolutely HAVE to win on Tuesday, my father in law and brother in law are Grimsby supporters… lose this and I’ll never hear the bloody end of it and risk my children being Grimsby fans. 

full strength and a 7-0 win please. 

My Grimsby Town mates are not arsed about this cup at all. They might change their tune if they beat us mind you 

7 hours ago, Rampant said:

I agree, could kinda get behind it, if it was a straight knock out competition but we have to play a minimum 3 games. Don't want to pick up any injuries now after a decent start to the season.

We should be trying to win this competition.  We’re probably never going to win the League Cup or win the FA Cup again, which our only other chances of Wembley are Play Offs which let’s face it this season we really don’t want (would love automatic). 

Im fully behind this and bought a ticket for Tuesday 

8 hours ago, Rampant said:

Why does it have to be a 7.00 pm kick off ? - I won’t be going until the the final at the latest?

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’d take this more seriously than the carabao cup personally.

We absolutely HAVE to win on Tuesday, my father in law and brother in law are Grimsby supporters… lose this and I’ll never hear the bloody end of it and risk my children being Grimsby fans. 

full strength and a 7-0 win please. 

Yep, we’re never going to win the fa or league cup from league 1. A good cup run is fun, but ultimately never ends in victory, but we’ve got to be one of the strongest sides in this competition. We get to know what it feels like to be a Liverpool or Man City in a cup competition, steam rollering teams and smashing our way to the title (theoretically).

A lot of us weren’t alive in the 70s, so this could be the most realistic chance we get to see derby county win a trophy. 

Could be important in some players getting fitness levels up, we have talked about being behind relative to everyone else.

Get Collins a goal, McGoldrick more time on the pitch, Oduroh and Rooney, maybe Aghatise to see what he can do, think Dobbin also would benefit to get match fit.

Agree though, that u21s teams in it has devalued it, would love to see us progress not like last time we were in it and played our full reserve team away at Brentford, remember them celebrating the 0-0 draw with us until we pointed out it was our kids.... although they did go on to win the league that Yr, sure it's the only time a 3rd tier team has done it

12 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’m not keen as it’s the start of the “big clubs” trying to get “b” teams in the Football League. Should never be allowed to happen , like MK Dons situation should not have been allowed. 

Big clubs like Derby. 

Let's not forget we entered our U23s one year, played Port Vale and Doncaster.

I dont think the selection rules are even that strict, I've gone through them and I think all we need to do is start any 4 of the following:

Roberts
Cashin
Stearman
Knight
Bird
Hourihane
Barkhuizen
Sibley
Dobbin
Collins
Mendez-Laing
Davies
McGoldrick
Smith

Its 4 outfield players who have:

- Started the game before

- Start the following game

- 10 players with the most starts this season

- Has made 40 or more appearances

- Premier league loan player

Edited by Shuff264

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't think many of us are, with only the East Stand open. Wonder whether it's too soon to give some minutes to Chester? 

Totally forgot about him …. Thats the power of erin cashin right there 

Edited by NottsRam77