This Papa Johns Guff

Rampant

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Man City game will now be played on Tuesday 18th October at 7pm. Before we're away to Ipswich on the Friday 21st, so I'm guessing we might have to play quite a weakened team.

I can quite easily see us accepting a 5 k fine for fielding a weakened team in that one.  I would anyway. Personally, I find it insulting we are expected to field a team of first teamers against the youngsters of a club we were stuffing on a regular basis not long ago. Be the same in a couple of years when these league cup changes come in, though I suspect it will be that meaningless it won't get a sponsor and will disappear by default.  Thats what the premier league want and are setting it up for.  They can use the spare time to sort out those friendlies in the Far East and rest their squads on the plane. 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The Man City game will now be played on Tuesday 18th October at 7pm. Before we're away to Ipswich on the Friday 21st, so I'm guessing we might have to play quite a weakened team.

Makes you wonder why we agreed to Man City's request to postpone the original game. Looks like we are the ones to suffer.