Matchday Thread - Shrewsbury Town v Derby County (16/08 19:45)

Ghost of Clough

We did create chances though, let's be honest.

Barkhuizen 1on1 on the left first half

"That Stearman Chance"

Sibley in front of goal saved

Cashin header over the bar

About 3 or 4 blocked shots in 10 seconds when it pinballed around everywhere

I think the keeper didn't have to make a lot of big saves, that's what makes it looks like we didn't create. We made chances that no keeper in the world would have got to, if only we'd actually had some composure to finish them

Edited by Tombo

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I've never had a problem with RamsTV.. that's for youth and first team games ever since they started streaming.

Rams TV not working is pretty much the only constant in my life for the past few years. I can stream absolutely everything that's a stream but Rams TV lets me down at least 1 in 4. 

I've tried Amazon, You Tube, Sky Go ITV hub, iPlayer and Netflix tonight to check it's not my tinterweb and all were perfect.

Just Rams TV that's not working.???

Can't understand the footballing logic of some posters on here....in one breath they're saying we are boring and pedestrian and safe and the other we need to sign shed loads more strikers....we can have 3 strikers playing for us but if they never get the ball it's totally pointless. 

How many chances did we actually create tonight?

2 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Point away, nice one. Moaners be gone.

People are allowed to moan, it is a forum, on the internet. Different opinions allowed last time I checked. I for one are not going to happy clap and be satisfied that we got a point at Shrewsbury. If anyone has any ambition at all, we should be beating them, and offering a lot more in the final third than we are currently.

1 minute ago, Orphanram said:

Weirdly cathartic to see the ridiculous posts calling for the managers head (albeit subtlety).Following last season it kind of feels like our very own freedom of speech moment, in that we fought for our future to even give daft folk a voice and a choice.

He's the interim manager and most certainly on probation at the moment.

He will need to show that we are progressing in the attacking dept if he doesnt want to return to the assistant manager role.

Football waits for no man.

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We did create chances though, let's be honest.

Barkhuizen 1on1 on the left first half

"That Stearman Chance"

Sibley in front of goal saved

Cashin header over the bar

About 3 or 4 blocked shots in 10 seconds when it pinballed around everywhere

I think the keeper didn't have to make a lot of big saves, that's what makes it looks like we didn't create. We made chances that no keeper in the world would have got to, if only we'd actually had some composure to finish them

Not sure about that I heard he made two great saves?

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Dobbin looked very promising..getting better with every outing...think he will be a key player for us..

Agree and his pace will unlock a few teams, he's going to be a quality player. LR needs to give him more match time, bring him on earlier or even start him.

LR should have got some of that magic powder which makes a brand new football team into Man City, 5 games this squad has played together, Cotterills teams just let you have the ball and hit you on the break, Yes we had the lions share of the ball...but people this is not a sprint it'll take time.

There will be more games like this...posters have said "it's some teams Cup Final" when they play us, LR will have to find a way of breaking teams like this down, An away point at Shrewsbury doesn't fill all with enthusiasm but it's a point.

No complaints from me...?

6 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Weirdly cathartic to see the ridiculous posts calling for the managers head (albeit subtlety).Following last season it kind of feels like our very own freedom of speech moment, in that we fought for our future to even give daft folk a voice and a choice.

On the contrary, it makes me angry to see so much entitlement and demand for instant gratification after all we've been through

I see your point though

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Disappointing as we should be beating teams like Shrewsbury.  However an away point, and things will continue to get better.

I do worry about all of the negativity on here so early on in the season, even with a settled squad in pre season, our results so far would be acceptable, but with the rebuilding I think we are doing better than just that.

Keep the faith…

Much too sensible and reasonable…Booo?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Can't understand the footballing logic of some posters on here....in one breath they're saying we are boring and pedestrian and safe and the other we need to sign shed loads more strikers....we can have 3 strikers playing for us but if they never get the ball it's totally pointless. 

I don't think it is about attacking options, or a lack of. Sure another forward player would be nice, but if we play with a lone striker and don't play to his strengths, if we don't utilize the midfield correctly, then the result would probably be the same, no matter how many extra attacking players we may sign.

Edited by DanS1992

Obviously disappointing not to win this one but it'll probably be something we have to get used to in the short term.

Some poor performances but it is the 4th game of the league season, it'll improve. We could have easily lost it at the end but didn't.

Bit early to be looking at league position but we're hardly doing badly compared to others either. Considering how long they've been playing together I'd actually say we are doing well overall.

My only takeaway would be Dobbin's cameo. I'd like to see him from the start as soon as possible, and my patience with Collins is running out a bit. Not writing him off, but just think the young lad has earned himself a go in his preferred position ahead of Collins at the weekend. It was the first game where I thought Collins' general play was poor - maybe he could do with a couple games coming on from the bench against tired legs.

Edited by RamsFan10

Disappointing result, and probably does point to the fact that we do need something different in the attacking third. Not a criticism of Collins, because he worked his nuts off, but how many times did he actually touch the ball?  Poor penetrating passes from those behind him. We should also be taking a few more risks out wide, whether it wingers or full backs. We must have only broke through on the wings a few times, but there seemed no great desire to take a man on. Knight, given his quality, perhaps the worst culprit. He kept passing the ball backwards, rather than looking for the give and goes that Byrne was doing last season.

Anyway, can’t knock the effort, and in truth we could just as easily be on 8 or 10 points this season with a little more luck. 7 will do, but hopefully we can be more enterprising on Saturday. Up the Rams!

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

12 to Shrewsbury's 10 and we had 4 on target.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

On the contrary, it makes me angry to see so much entitlement and demand for instant gratification after all we've been through

I see your point though

I get yours too, don’t get me wrong overall it was a disappointing performance but the post match reaction of extremity is as comfortable as pair of old slippers 

Edited by Orphanram