Matchday Thread - Derby County v Barnsley (13/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

41 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Always take my own drink never an issue any game 

At the end of last season they intrploduced a ban on taking your own bottles of drink in, i couldnt even take the kids drinks bottles in  had to empty into pint glasses

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Does anyone know if East Upper Row L will be in sun during the game? 

I'm in upper level row H and don't ever remember being in full sun even for an earlier kick off but, I'd still apply the sun cream if I was you (just in case my memory is failing me) even if it's just for the walk to the ground.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

3643 tickets remain for tomorrow's game. Barnsley will have roughly 1500 fans - I'd anticipate an attendance of between 27-28k for tomorrow. Shame they aren't bringing more TBH! 

Another good turnout! 

We are a sleeping giant of the English football league 

But sadly we have slept so long that we’ve all got fatigue 

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

3643 tickets remain for tomorrow's game. Barnsley will have roughly 1500 fans - I'd anticipate an attendance of between 27-28k for tomorrow. Shame they aren't bringing more TBH! 

Another good turnout! 

Maybe a bit less than that with a fair few no-shows, because of holidays, train strike and some vulnerable fans not fancying the heat. Still a great figure at this level and much higher than the most optimistic forecasts pre season.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

The train services are actually in the private sector so that they can make a profit ! With the UK tax payer supporting them massively, which is all bonkers if you ask me - if services are essential then the nation should own and control them just like the current energy sector debacle 

That's lefty trot corbyn talk.....?

Used to be an economic theory "the commanding heights of the economy* which said just that....basic utility should not be subject to market forces. 

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Came in for the last few games last season after a few 'fans' decided to throw bottles around

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've taken bottles in since then had my bag checked and no one said anything 

"I SUSPECT" (with absolutely no inside info nor evidence to back up my theory, that any relevant T&C's are published to ensure the club's derriere is well and truly covered...

Scenario 1:
Acting like a half drunken nob head with sherbet under the nostrils, whilst approaching the Southernmost turnstiles?  "Sorry sir, you're not allowed to take that inside the ground... I don't make the rules, just enforce them.  No seriously, dump it, or go home"

Scenario 2:
Tarquin, Mummy, and Daddy arrive at the North Stand (aka "Family Stand") turnstiles, each with a carafe of their favourite refreshing sugar-water...  "Are we ok bringing these in, Mr Steward, sir?"  "'Course y'are, sweetheart. And may I say, young 'uns got his mother's eyes.  He'll be breaking a few hearts when he's older".

Scenario 3:
"Ere, Charlie.  Did yer see the ars..."

Oops, sorry, got carried away there!  One too many make-believe scenarios!  ?

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

Maybe a bit less than that with a fair few no-shows, because of holidays, train strike and some vulnerable fans not fancying the heat. Still a great figure at this level and much higher than the most optimistic forecasts pre season.

Brilliant again. Looking forward to it although not expecting a classic in the heat

2 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've taken bottles in since then had my bag checked and no one said anything 

52 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"I SUSPECT" (with absolutely no inside info nor evidence to back up my theory, that any relevant T&C's are published to ensure the club's derriere is well and truly covered...

Scenario 1:
Acting like a half drunken nob head with sherbet under the nostrils, whilst approaching the Southernmost turnstiles?  "Sorry sir, you're not allowed to take that inside the ground... I don't make the rules, just enforce them.  No seriously, dump it, or go home"

Scenario 2:
Tarquin, Mummy, and Daddy arrive at the North Stand (aka "Family Stand") turnstiles, each with a carafe of their favourite refreshing sugar-water...  "Are we ok bringing these in, Mr Steward, sir?"  "'Course y'are, sweetheart. And may I say, young 'uns got his mother's eyes.  He'll be breaking a few hearts when he's older".

Scenario 3:
"Ere, Charlie.  Did yer see the ars..."

Oops, sorry, got carried away there!  One too many make-believe scenarios!  ?

Definitely saw them take the caps of bottles in South stand at end of last season,  saw 1 family having a heated discussion with the jobsworth about it as they wanted the drink for their 6/7 Yr old......

Daft policy if it is still in place, the idiots liable to throw a bottle aren't the type of person to take a bottle of water or Pepsi in with them..... and  coins come keener when thrown anyway!