Matchday Thread - Derby County v Barnsley (13/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way. But those guys on the gates have a lot of discretion. I’m sure that before letting you in he asked himself: “hmmm, well how far do I reckon she could chuck that flask?”

This now makes me very much aware of the pressure on our gate staff.

Not only do they have to be aware of what a Commonwealth Gold medalist long distance Flask Chucker looks like. But they also have to consider the skill of the potential thrower in maintaining bottle rotation, (in 3 dimensions no less), after cobbing it sans cap.

Add in the calculation of potential impact of flask, verses bottle, to the receiving official and you can see some significant thought goes into whether you may proudly bear your 500ml Tesco Diet cola into the ground with its cap on or are damned to carry it shamefully, open to the world.

Now I can see the Top on/Top off decision is not the random thing I once thought it was. 

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Muckerette had to take her (water) bottle top off as we entered Old Trafford for the cup semi under young Nigel. 
when was that, 2009?

Think they did it at Wembley v Villa (serving the bottle in the concourse) if I recall?

that’s my limited first hand experience of such a silly rule. 

…Although someone on here made a good point the other day, as by removing the top, any bottle thrown us unlikely to be full and weighty by the time it hits the target.
I guess it’s more that, than merely using the bottle top itself as a missile? ?‍♂️

Look a lot of people dont that spoils it for everyone else.

They never took mine of me at wrembley.

16 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look a lot of people dont that spoils it for everyone else.

They never took mine of me at wrembley.

I'm not convinced I understand what point you are trying to make... but hey, it's matchday, so it don't matter.
Here's to a satisfying afternoon for us all.  ?

A hot day like today is all the more reason to have Knight and Sibley's energy and running in the heart of midfield. Exiling Knight to full back and Sibbo to the bench will be the wrong options. Interested to see the team. I'm in Dubrovnik today which is not as warm as Derby, but still lovely. With the added bonus of being able to watch on RamsTV.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Subs could make a big impact today in this heat, if we keep the ball alot like we normally do they could be knackered come the last 20-30 mins. Make the ball do the running

I agree. I'm on the bus and I'm spent already. Might need a s7b myself to complete the walk to the ground. Cannot imagine playing in this.

Seriously, it's a good point tho.

Looks good to me. Glad Stearman is getting a game. Deserves a start for being a solid trooper and needs the minutes.

Hoping Sibbo will make the difference up front, keeping us closer together at the top end of the pitch and attacking them. This is a key game for him. Think it will benefit Collins too. Come on lads get that first goal COYR