Matchday Thread - Derby County v Barnsley (13/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A hot day like today is all the more reason to have Knight and Sibley's energy and running in the heart of midfield. Exiling Knight to full back and Sibbo to the bench will be the wrong options. Interested to see the team. I'm in Dubrovnik today which is not as warm as Derby, but still lovely. With the added bonus of being able to watch on RamsTV.

A lot of L1 football is played on the wings. Having someone such as Knight on the right is very useful to us.

We basically use him as a RM in this system anyway.

10 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Can you (or anyone for that matter) provide an actual example where Stearman had an awful game? He's consistent and has always stepped in where needed. 

An entire career of being a last ditch disaster zone defender who can't play out from the back isn't enough? He's split fans wherever he's been , they admire his attitude but generally think that it wouldn't be needed if he was a better defender to begin with.

He was picked out as one of our worst performers against Mansfield.

I saw quite a lot of highlights of Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago where he was awful.

His performance for Wolves against us? His performance for us against Bristol City last season?

As I said, he may do OK today and in the odd appearance off the bench but 90 mins in a passing team week in week out and he'll cost us multiple points.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Duck, Davies being missing is really not good news. Our defence never looks organised without him leading it. Stearman was incredibly shaky against Mansfield too, so I’m a bit concerned there.

Great to see McGoldrick back fit in the squad. Finally gives us a proper different option up front off the bench. 

Nice to see Bird with the armband too. For such a young man, he’s so composed and commanding in the middle of park, which comes with experience. Proud moment for him.