Matchday Thread - Derby County v Barnsley (13/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

You only have to see the stats on Sky to see its unworkable.  In 45mins play the ball is 'live' for only 30-35mins. Goal kicks, throw ins, free kicks just take so long...there obviously gets a bit too much delaying in near the end but everyone is generally happy with the time taken unless they are a goal behind and then they urge for promptness that they wouldn't normally even want/provide themselves in a match.

Tbf in rugby union the ref decides when time should be "off" and it's usually only for injuries, "talking to's" and substitutions. 

There are laws for eg the amount of time a player has to kick a penalty (90secs), but I have never seen it enforced. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I remember that. We ran back to the car to listen to the radio because we had no idea whether the goal had stood or not. Did Dennis Tueart score it? I am presuming so - it normally was him in those days! 

Yes; it was Tueart. None of us knew the score until somebody with a “tranny” confirmed it finished 2-1 about 5 minutes after we left the ground. No internet then. 

13 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I thought we played well first half but tired ourselves out - it was 36C!

I feared we might go straight through the trap door even when we were bought - we had no players after all; and before that we might have had further points reductions without David Clowes paying more than value.

Sixth in the league with 100% home record is living the dream.  We just need to become able to win away now.

Yes, that away win is important and needs to happen sooner rather than later. 

Only just got round to seeing the highlights on RAMSTV. I read a lot yesterday about Collins missing a sitter, but that seems a bit harsh to me. Lovely move, delicious cross from Hourihane, but all Collins could do was run/slide in at pace behind a defender hoping he might get something on it. He did, and unfortunately for him it went wide. His miss against Charlton last week when hitting the post against Charlton seemed more glaring to me.

As a by the way, £70m+ Kai Havertz missed a similar opportunity today, in fact it was a lot easier than Collins chance yesterday.

Sitter my arse.

B3EA4F49-1EFD-4F4E-B922-96E98853CAC2.png

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Only just got round to seeing the highlights on RAMSTV. I read a lot yesterday about Collins missing a sitter, but that seems a bit harsh to me. Lovely move, delicious cross from Hourihane, but all Collins could do was run/slide in at pace behind a defender hoping he might get something on it. He did, and unfortunately for him it went wide. His miss against Charlton last week when hitting the post against Charlton seemed more glaring to me.

As a by the way, £70m+ Kai Havertz missed a similar opportunity today, in fact it was a lot easier than Collins chance yesterday.

Sitter my arse.

B3EA4F49-1EFD-4F4E-B922-96E98853CAC2.png

Collins will be disappointed that he hasn't scored yet, but he seems to be getting into good positions each game and hopefully, the goals will come.

But, his play isn't just about goals, under extreme heat conditions and without a full pre season, he never stopped chasing and putting their defence under pressure.

The lack of stamina actually proves the importance of a good old preseason. I must admit being surprised how much we seem to lose in quality around the hour mark in the games so far. Small margins at the professional levels I guess? Probably need to prioritize our "runners" a bit and somehow make up for lost time during training in the upcoming weeks.

This might actually be quite good since we probably have 1 or 2 extra gears which we haven't seen yet! 

12 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

The lack of stamina actually proves the importance of a good old preseason. I must admit being surprised how much we seem to lose in quality around the hour mark in the games so far. Small margins at the professional levels I guess? Probably need to prioritize our "runners" a bit and somehow make up for lost time during training in the upcoming weeks.

This might actually be quite good since we probably have 1 or 2 extra gears which we haven't seen yet! 

I think we have another 3 or 4 weeks of catching up to do. 

Just need to lead at ht then park the bus on 60 minutes 

40 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Cheers. Don't understand what message RoyMac5 is sharing. 

I thought maybe there would be a name of a non Derby player on the list which might indicate a new signing was all. 

There's been stuff being 'said' about the squad togetherness, @angieramposted a similar Insta shot about Cash. Thought it was good to see the lurve for 'Man like sibbs'!