League 1 Salt Levels

Day

25 minutes ago, curb said:

Yet they’re the ones calling themselves ‘little old Oxford’. ?

Although most of the comments I saw were quite complimentary, so I guess there’s always one.

Good turn out and noise from them, so respect for that, and yes as someone else has already said, hopefully more of the friendly banter without it going OTT like some in the Championship.

I have taken a look since and yeah, most seem to be complimentary of us and mutual good game chaps been exchanged.

So this individual does seem to be an odd one out.

I'm looking forward to the Wycombe games....

31 minutes ago, David said:

I have taken a look since and yeah, most seem to be complimentary of us and mutual good game chaps been exchanged.

So this individual does seem to be an odd one out.

I'm looking forward to the Wycombe games....

Sounds like the one idiot who decided he was going to stand in the middle of the road next to the velodrome mouthing off as literally hundreds of Derby fans were walking past him. Luckily the rozzers were straight onto him otherwise I’m fairly sure he had a panning heading his way.

I thought the Oxford fans were pretty great inside the stadium. Made loads of noise, backed their team and the only stuff I heard directed at us was stuff you’d expect (“Is this a library?”, “Shall we sing a song for you?” Etc). I’ll wager that they’ll be amongst the better away fans to come to PP this season.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

Sounds like the one idiot who decided he was going to stand in the middle of the road next to the velodrome mouthing off as literally hundreds of Derby fans were walking past him. Luckily the rozzers were straight onto him otherwise I’m fairly sure he had a panning heading his way.

I thought the Oxford fans were pretty great inside the stadium. Made loads of noise, backed their team and the only stuff I heard directed at us was stuff you’d expect (“Is this a library?”, “Shall we sing a song for you?” Etc). I’ll wager that they’ll be amongst the better away fans to come to PP this season.

Their song “Where’s the famous atmosphere” mid-first half rather bit them wholesale on the backside at 80 minutes. 
All in all though a good set of fans who took it all well. Suppprted well in their colours and welcome back to PP anytime. 

6 minutes ago, Hans Datdo-Dishes said:

? In another incident, one of their fans kept tapping me on the back of my head, calling me a t***...in Morse code. 

Did he then drive off in a big old maroon Jag by any chance?

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I couldn’t get to the game yesterday but from what I’ve read sounded quite the occasion which both sets of supporters contributed to. I’ve also seen a lot of love on Twitter for Derby fans from Oxford, praising the atmosphere and noise saying we’re a proper club and they wish us well. Not seen such an outpouring of positive emotion towards us from an opposition set of fans for many a year. Exactly as it should be. I hope more visiting clubs will be like Oxford .

Blackpool last season

7 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

sounds like the guy who passed me and was clearly very upset/annoyed  as when someone said 'have a good season mate' he shouted 'f*** off you'll be down here for 5 years so you better get used to this" 

Not sure why other fans don’t just get hold of the facts.

- we paid our bills, including wages last year, Bury didn’t hence why they went bust.

- not sure what other penalty we could have got, 21 points is a big penalty

- we haven’t paid a fee

- wages are limited as per business plan and every signing has to be approved by the EFL, no chance of over paying.

- we lost millions not being able to resign players and having to sell them cheap to pay bills. I don’t have an issue with this as it’s our fault going into Administration.

- now the Owls received a lenient penalty for going over FFP, remember we were only just over.

- in comparison they received a lenient penalty for not paying wages, we received nearly as much as them for not paying for 2 weeks, they didn’t pay for months.

time t0 move on

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Their song “Where’s the famous atmosphere” mid-first half rather bit them wholesale on the backside at 80 minutes. 
All in all though a good set of fans who took it all well. Suppprted well in their colours and welcome back to PP anytime. 

Yeah agree with that. Towards the end of first half, they were making much more noise than us. Like what happens in every ground in the country when home side aren't winning.

Would be nice to see them go up at some point. Seen much smaller/quieter away crowds from clubs who have seen much more recent success. I guess Maxwell screwed them over and took years to recover. He's still not the worst villian in his family though!

Edited by ariotofmyown

55 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Not sure why other fans don’t just get hold of the facts.

- we paid our bills, including wages last year, Bury didn’t hence why they went bust.

- not sure what other penalty we could have got, 21 points is a big penalty

- we haven’t paid a fee

- wages are limited as per business plan and every signing has to be approved by the EFL, no chance of over paying.

- we lost millions not being able to resign players and having to sell them cheap to pay bills. I don’t have an issue with this as it’s our fault going into Administration.

- now the Owls received a lenient penalty for going over FFP, remember we were only just over.

- in comparison they received a lenient penalty for not paying wages, we received nearly as much as them for not paying for 2 weeks, they didn’t pay for months.

time t0 move on

Derby and Sheff Wed's received proportionally equivalent P&S penalties. We were penalised for multiple periods.

Regarding the wages, Derby were late on one occasion and had a 3 point suspended penalty. Sheff Weds didn't pay the wages for 4 months. Were given a suspended 6 points if late within 6 months, reducing to 3 points for the following 6 months. Seemed disproportionate then and still does now.

For whatever reason, a lot of opposition fans cannot understand how we can afford the players we can. The reality is, our revenue will be the highest in L1 this season. We'll even have a higher revenue than half of the Championship despite the difference in TV money and a decrease in sponsorship. 

To those questioning how we can sign the likes of Hourihane when Championship clubs were after him... the answer is in the passage above.