League 1 Salt Levels

Day

11 hours ago, David said:

Just existing will cause salt levels to increase within fans bloodstreams this season. 

As we know, too much salt is not healthy, so I feel it's important to raise awareness this season by highlighting fans that have dangerously high salt levels.

So let's kick it off with this Oxford United fan that hasn't taken losing today well.

Don’t be too hard on him. He cares about his club and they made a big contribution to an excellent day. Let’s be the bigger Club here by not being salty back. 

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

"Derby have a premiership player in Hourihane" on ITV highlights, Sorry but ex premiership player, How come we can attract this calibre of player, Being a "massive club" that's how ?

This is a signing which will have rattled many, however we’re on an EFL business plan, limited to contracts we can offer.

Swear some fans would have preferred us to go under, or be signing a bunch of non league players only and dropping down to League 2, then we might be given some slack.

I get it’s a competition, it’s no different in the EFL meetings where owners have only their self interest in mind, but the way some are going on now like their clubs have always been squeaky clean is beyond me.

When Leicester won the Premier League, I don’t recall them being hammered for it as they didn’t pay their bills a few seasons prior, they are still looked at quite fondly for being the club that did the impossible.

Maybe that’s what we have to go on and do now….

5 minutes ago, David said:

This is a signing which will have rattled many, however we’re on an EFL business plan, limited to contracts we can offer.

Swear some fans would have preferred us to go under, or be signing a bunch of non league players only and dropping down to League 2, then we might be given some slack.

I get it’s a competition, it’s no different in the EFL meetings where owners have only their self interest in mind, but the way some are going on now like their clubs have always been squeaky clean is beyond me.

When Leicester won the Premier League, I don’t recall them being hammered for it as they didn’t pay their bills a few seasons prior, they are still looked at quite fondly for being the club that did the impossible.

In my eyes Leicester will always be seen as a:

200.gif

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

I just looked at this , my question is ... who is the Derby “fan” on there slagging us off and basically kissing those Wendie fans asses ???

I just popped over for a look - DCFCOwls? A proper little sycophant isn't he/she? Refers to opinions "on our forum" quite allot, but unclear as to whether it's this one. They seem to have overlooked the fact that they're sucking up to fans of a club who overspent for years and were giving it the biggie while it was going well (Carlos had a dream etc) and who deliberately tried to deceive the EFL in a way that was actually more heinous than what Mel & Co did. Of course they want to believe that we deserve more punishment - we're a threat! Equating us with Leicester though - that's unforgiveable. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

In the eyes of those that know nowt...we'll be seen as "cheats", 2 years of constantly being kicked in the gonads, People losing sleep, Suffering anxiety maybe a little depression, Let them come one and all, It's a sign of being envious that 28k Derby fans paid their hard earned turned up and and had the temerity to jump, Sing, Dance, Applaud, Shout their hearts out when we scored...how dare we beat little old Oxford ?.

And to quote Kevin Keegan..."I'll love it just love it" when we hear more angst from those who wish they could be us ?

The more victories we accrue the saltier the other clubs in League 1 will get. If we become a real threat of promotion it will increase further.

Truth be told…

1/ we are a BIG club

2/ we are a big scalp

3/ those with an axe to grind in League 1 are just simply scared of us

Great start yesterday, let’s hope we can keep it up all season ??

COYR ??? 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I couldn’t get to the game yesterday but from what I’ve read sounded quite the occasion which both sets of supporters contributed to. I’ve also seen a lot of love on Twitter for Derby fans from Oxford, praising the atmosphere and noise saying we’re a proper club and they wish us well. Not seen such an outpouring of positive emotion towards us from an opposition set of fans for many a year. Exactly as it should be. I hope more visiting clubs will be like Oxford .

It was really nice seeing so many Derby and Oxford fans intermingling at the Smithfield pre match with zero issues (that I saw anyway). Hopefully a nice side affect of being in League One with no ‘history’ with most of the teams we’ll play - long may it continue!

7 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

It was really nice seeing so many Derby and Oxford fans intermingling at the Smithfield pre match with zero issues (that I saw anyway). Hopefully a nice side affect of being in League One with no ‘history’ with most of the teams we’ll play - long may it continue!

Not true, As I was walking past I was hit with a Mortar Board and a Scroll at the back of my head...bloody students ? 

Couple of thoughts on this being there is way more positive stuff out there than negative. A significant number or neutral fans have come to realise that we've paid an inordinate price for a relatively minor indiscretion and they'd like to see us bouncing back. Also, the way our fans conducted themselves last season garnered plenty of respect from neutrals and rightly so. That goodwill lingers on, for now at least.

Secondly, the moment the final whistle blew, their gaffer immediately strode up to Rosenior, shook his hand and gave him a big old man hug. Not too much animosity there either, after the game least, despite being pretty animated during the match. 

Conclusion drawn... Salt levels low. Just a few basic types seeking acknowledgement on Twatter really.

Really reminds me of chatting someone about what it was like being a Celtic fan. You're everone else's big game, everone else's twice a year event (sometimes 3 in the Scottish league in case anyone is being picky)

Means every week, you either get some fans celebrating like they've gone the league because they took points off you, or being salty because they'd geared themselves up for this big event, convinced themselves they had a shot, then lost to a bigger, better side. Personally I'm loving it already 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I just looked at this , my question is ... who is the Derby “fan” on there slagging us off and basically kissing those Wendie fans asses ???

I’ve been wondering the same, sounds like a red dog in disguise.

13 hours ago, David said:

Just existing will cause salt levels to increase within fans bloodstreams this season. 

As we know, too much salt is not healthy, so I feel it's important to raise awareness this season by highlighting fans that have dangerously high salt levels.

So let's kick it off with this Oxford United fan that hasn't taken losing today well.

Yet they’re the ones calling themselves ‘little old Oxford’. ?

Although most of the comments I saw were quite complimentary, so I guess there’s always one.

Good turn out and noise from them, so respect for that, and yes as someone else has already said, hopefully more of the friendly banter without it going OTT like some in the Championship.

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

If it’s the same one I noticed then I think they either aren’t a true Derby supporter or they really don’t  understand. They talk about us not being able to pay transfer fees but then say that if we do the fans will demand an explanation. Firstly, us fans don’t have the right to demand any such thing. Secondly, presumably the EFL would be demanding an explanation. Thirdly, don’t the EFL still have to approve any signings? Therefore, I don’t see how it can happen.

I’m all in favour of posting polite comments on other fans sites and, where appropriate, praising them and being critical of Derby but, this individual seems to have taken brown nosing to a new level.

I was walking away towards the Bridge over the A52, and just got to the big roundabout, and was looking at the stats on my phone reading them out to my dad when this slightly salty (and slightly drunk) Oxford fan said over my shoulder “pretty poor for a championship side to only win one nil” I did explain that only 4 players or so were with us in the championship last season and it didn’t really help the quality with the niggley  fouls and pulls that their players constantly committed.  He then said “this is the right way to the station right”. I told him no, he was heading in the opposite direction, he thought I was taking the P until he clicked after a minute or so that I wasn’t.  He and his two mates had to turn on his heels and walk back through the Derby fans heading over the river back towards pride Park.  Quire funny.

Read some other crap on twitter that was pretty salty, saying we were celebrating like we had won the league, but it is only fair to point out that it’s what 28000 rams fans simply sound like when we score a goal, and they just aren’t used to crowds like that.  One simply put that he hates Derby,  his surname was Cundy, and despite trying desperately not to, I did give in and asked him if his surname was spelt correctly…