Tommy Smith

DCFC1388

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'd be very happy with this. Bags of experience and promotions too.

Surely Middlesbrough have the upper hand though? Championship club, he's been training with them and playing in their friendlies.

Not to mention they can write off any expenditure as haulage company losses

Would be very happy if this fella came in as first choice RB. Continuity with Chester as well.

Hope we can make it happen.

Surely at this age of your career, you want to play football most weeks. I guess the key will be what we could offer him against what Boro can.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

By that token we wouldn’t have signed half the players we have this summer. 

Players like Hourihane have had big deals at Villa, don't think Korey Smith had much better on the table honestly. We've been shrewd for sure but I think serious competition they wouldn't come here.

Hell of a commute to Boro from Stoke (163 miles) so does he move house to go there for better pay and play at a higher level than us ? Or,does he travel to Derby( easier journey-35 miles) on lower money and look at our other signings and think that he’d like to be part of the LR project at a bigger club.Minimal disruption and exciting project or more money at dour Boro.-your call Tommy ?

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably a better option than McDonald though.

Cue my Malcolm MacDonald stories:

1. I remember when Derby were linked with Malcolm MacDonald, an article by Neil Hallam in the Trader saying how great it would be to have a "Super Mac" at both ends of the pitch.

2. Pub quiz around the time Liverpool beat Newcastle 3-1 (?) in the FA Cup final...
    Q: what is taken to Wembley for the cup final every year and never used?
    A: Malcolm MacDonald (actually it's the losers' ribbons)

3. Vivid memory of him playing for Arsenal and someone in the Popside shouting out "Oi. MacDonald, put a mask on, there's kids here".

OK, I've finished. Where were we?