Tommy Smith

DCFC1388

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Collins started for Cardiff in a friendly & was under contract then was signed for us less than a week later so Smith being involved tonight means nothing really until he has signed for them we have a chance.

Completely different mate.

Collins was a Cardiff player and still contracted to them at that point.

Smith isn't Boro's player. If he we had offered him something and he was going to take it. He wouldn't be sat on their bench right now.

He would have said. Thanks Mr Wilder for the offer. But I don't want to play back up this season. I'd rather go to Derby and play every week. So I'm off. 

It's like Forsyth here. If he'd been offered a better deal somewhere else that he was going to take, he wouldn't be playing in friendlies for us.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't know much about this lad, but it strikes me Bryne would be an ideal wingback in a Chris Wilder system.  

Maybe there's some element of leverage going on here, Boro trialing Smith, but really wanting Nathan to be released to join them, at which point they'd drop interest in Smith? 

Probably just me watching too much Succession atm, and seeing fiendish plots where there are none.

I know Byrne has allegedly acted like trash but sending him to Middlesbrough is a bit of a harsh punishment!

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah I really don’t get how people don’t see this?

as if knight wants to be playing right back in league one as well?

I don't. I've seen people say well Smith can play there and Knight can play there. 

Yeah but we can't go into a season with a completely unproven right back and 2 midfielders as back up.

Fwiw. I think the fact Bielik is still here is essentially why nobody else has signed yet. 

We are clearly needing him off the wage bill. His wages alone will cover 3 players.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't. I've seen people say well Smith can play there and Knight can play there. 

Yeah but we can't go into a season with a completely unproven right back and 2 midfielders as back up.

Fwiw. I think the fact Bielik is still here is essentially why nobody else has signed yet. 

We are clearly needing him off the wage bill. His wages alone will cover 3 players.

Or maybe Bryne is he doesn't want to play for us? Don't want players around who don't want to be here.

52 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Lack of investment, shows lack of support for the club and the manager. 
SACK THE BOARD!!

????????

Nice to see we can get back to the really important stuff again now the clubs safe ???????????

I think many of us are still suffering from PTSD ????